Felipe Melo (249 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I have a pretty irrelevent question, but it always has made me wonder.

See how Melo is going to Gala, which is a Turkish club, how the fuck is he going to communicate with his teammates? Does he have some secret Rosetta Stone power.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I have a pretty irrelevent question, but it always has made me wonder.

See how Melo is going to Gala, which is a Turkish club, how the fuck is he going to communicate with his teammates? Does he have some secret Rosetta Stone power.
Couldn't you say the same whenever a player goes to a club where he doesn't speak the language? It happens all the time.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Im not bothered about the fact that he has to leave but more so about the fact that its a loan. I dont for once believe that Gala was the only interested club. Whilst that might be true for this short period of time, I do think that hanging on longer may have given us better options. Time should have been better spent on the players who we are going to struggle to sell. Melo aint shit, he aint really good, but his a good player that can be acquired by midtable teams and big teams can go for him if they need a backup player. Lets not forget all it takes is a domino affect in teh transfer market. For example if a big club sold their DM and they need a squad rotational DM then they may very well attempt to acquire Melo. The market still has many weeks to go, and many DM or CM will be sold and acquired. Loan doesnt bring us benefit as now we have to hope that he doesnt get injured or have a shit season. Also the fact that Gala can finance this move.
Okay, fair enough, I would like a permanent sale also, but I would like to think that Marotta and co tried and did what they could to sell him to another club. Maybe if we have waited a couple of weeks, then maybe we get lucky and some club appears with an offer to buy him, for a fair price. But so far, except for the Galatasaray offer, are there any reports, reliable reports, that another club have made a move for him?! I honestly havent noticed, so that makes Gala`s offer the best we can get, and we accepted it.

The option not to accept the offers and keep him at the club is out of the question, he wanted to leave, Conte does not want to use him, a simple situation with an even simpler solution. We`re just unlucky that there`s no other club that really wants Melo, if there was and we had more than one offers to chose from, no doubt Marotta would have accepted to sell him permanently to the highest bidder - if its loan or sell, you choose to sell, but if its loan or nothing, you take the loan as you cant stay with the `nothing`.

You got a point giving that example "if a big club sold a DM and need another one, they can go for Melo", but what big club exactly we are waiting for since there`s not even a middle European team who`s willing to go for Melo. Sad, but true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 249)