Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When you say you disagree with everything please be clearer. You disagree that it's harder to sell players who aren't in demand? Sorry, that's not my opinion, that's a fact. Where are teams like Arsenal who have coveted Melo for a while, they could have a bargain and could use a good midfielder next season? You disagree that some people wanted us to sell players quickly (but on their terms of course)? Again, that's not my opinion, that is the case.
If you're in a rush to sell him for any price and anywhere big teams wont appear like this all of a sudden. Big teams take their times to sign players. Marotta seems to be doing all his best to get rid of Melo ASAP.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When you say you disagree with everything please be clearer. You disagree that it's harder to sell players who aren't in demand? Sorry, that's not my opinion, that's a fact. Where are teams like Arsenal who have coveted Melo for a while, they could have a bargain and could use a good midfielder next season? You disagree that some people wanted us to sell players quickly (but on their terms of course)? Again, that's not my opinion, that is the case.
If you're in a rush to sell him for any price and anywhere big teams wont appear like this all of a sudden. Big teams take their times to sign players. Marotta seems to be doing all his best to get rid of Melo ASAP.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Melo dug his own grave when he bagged out his own teammates. Let him go, there was a reason why we conceded so many goals and he definitely contributed to that. What a waste of 24 million!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Marotta seems to be doing all his best to get rid of Melo ASAP.
I think its just about getting a job done and his got no real organized way to go about it. Panic selling first come first served. With Melo its easier as I dont think his fussy with choosing the club. With Sissoko, its going to be all so more difficult but Marotta doesnt look at the figures for him its all about where the player agrees. Just like how he tries approaching players agents before approaching the club itself.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
The only reason I can see, is that he disrupts moral and harmony in the group. And it will only get worse if he were to get benched by the arrival of Vidal.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Is there an option to buy? I think the issue is that no one wanted him....it seems suspect...I don't like it but we are obviously desperate to get rid of him..

May 22, 2007
Talk about compounding a mistake, though. This is just ridiculous... guy was our best CM last year.
I agree that Felipe Melo was our best CM last season, and despite improving his disciplinary record (to an extent) he still showed signs of being the same player with little sense in front of the defense. His awful reputation from his first season will remain in clubs minds a lot in this, as well as the terrible World Cup display. I don't think he's been as good as some have put it, he's been mostly decent, and I didn't like what he had to say about his teammates.

Yep. It seems that Melo and the club had their mind set on him leaving. Jack has a point though where he said it's so early on that more teams could've come forward as time went on and it's hard to argue otherwise.
I would have waited as well, there wasn't really a hurry because he's the one guy I think that we could wait to see if there was a good price for. Problem is that on here, everyone is obsessed with completing the transfer market in the first week of July (I even remember people crying because we weren't completing deals in June), and now that there's a relatively rushed deal, it's not to their standards.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A loan?? A freakin loan???
FFs hell no!!! This cant be happening, we cant be thaaaat stupid or desperate!!
WTF?? A loan?? We are giving away our best midfielder???

Why dont we just keep him then and loan out Pazienza, we can always make 8mil out of Melo next year, esp if we do better than last year, which is almost certain.
This has to be the worst move ever, if this is true, it turns the vidal and Pazienza's acquisitions, as completely and utterly crappy deals as well!!

I hope thats just media BS, no one can be that stupid, not even Secco...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)