Felipe Melo (11 Viewers)

GSaray

Jul 22, 2011
Hello. Galatasaray fan here.

Flash news in Turkish media says Melo will attend the afternoon training session with Galatasaray. So I guess the deal is done.

There are also rumors that the deal is a weird one, but these arent confirmed 100% just yet. This rumor states that for the next season Gala pays Juve 2.5 mil for the loan, and players wages of course. The same deal applies for the year after that, if all parties are interested.

And after these two seasons if all goes well, a but-option of 5 mil can be used by Gala .

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
For the past 10 minutes (when you made your post) I have been struggling to see how this deal is very nice for us but I keep on failing. I will give it some time.
Maybe I`m looking at this deal with a little different approach. You guys are certain that once we sent someone (Melo) away on loan, we will definitely sell him, and what is more important - for peanuts (6 to 8 mil, as it is suggested few pages back). Well, I have to admit that this looks like a bad scenario, but so far its official that we get 2 mil for a 1 year loan and Galata pays his wage, there are no official reports of agreed price, only rumors. Lets wait first and see if there is an agreed price in the contract, and if so - what is it, and then we judge if the deal is bad or acceptable.

I for example do not expect his price to be under 10 mil combined, so 2 mil loan plus 6 mil at the end of the season is a joke. 2 mil loan plus 9+ mil at the end of the season is acceptable. After all, there`s no doubt that even when we got him, we overpaid for him, he is not worth 25 mil euro. He had a terrible first season, which dropped his price massively, and with a decent/good second season I say he is now worth between 12-15 mil, so if we receive an offer in that region, in my book its a decent deal. We wont get same money we paid for Melo, we`ll net a loss for him, as we netted for Diego last season, but Secco is to blame for that, not Marotta.

So, at the end, we got Conte, who doesnt like Melo and wont use him, and Melo is not the player, who wont complain if he sits a game or two at the bench, he will start moaning and criticizing the coach, the players, the universe and so on, and we got only one option - get rid of him as soon as we can, cause even a half season like that will drop his price again and during the winter break we`ll be lucky if someone offers, say 6 mil for him. Its sad and unlucky for us that not many clubs are actually interested in signing him, yes there were reports about Arsenal for the last two years, nice, and there were reports that PSG wants him, which is like the Arsenal rumors - questionable and not exactly 100% accurate. So, except for Galatasaray, who else wants Melo?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Flash news in Turkish media says Melo will attend the afternoon training session with Galatasaray. So I guess the deal is done.

There are also rumors that the deal is a weird one, but these arent confirmed 100% just yet. This rumor states that for the next season Gala pays Juve 2.5 mil for the loan, and players wages of course. The same deal applies for the year after that, if all parties are interested.

And after these two seasons if all goes well, a but-option of 5 mil can be used by Gala .
Hello and welcome.

And that looks like an awful deal for Juve. It's even worse than Secco's move when we bought him for 24mln

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
@tosh_rose: Well, you summed that up pretty nicely there. Though I expect the total sum to be quite low.
It would have been better for us if there were more clubs interested and wanting him at all costs, so they can create some kind of a bidding war and at the end we accept the biggest offer, but sadly, the reality...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I disagree with everything in this post.

And Melo's reputation isn't the problem as much as it's Juve's problem. As for your last part, that's totally not true. Some coaches have been working with hot headed bad reputation players such as Balotelli, Zlatan and several type-alike midfielders like Melo yet they have no problem.

One thing is certain is that our Mang want to get rid of him in the fastest way possible. Which is really ugly and low IMO.
When you say you disagree with everything please be clearer. You disagree that it's harder to sell players who aren't in demand? Sorry, that's not my opinion, that's a fact. Where are teams like Arsenal who have coveted Melo for a while, they could have a bargain and could use a good midfielder next season? You disagree that some people wanted us to sell players quickly (but on their terms of course)? Again, that's not my opinion, that is the case.

As for comparing a superstar and a wonderkid to Melo, I won't bother. Look more at players like Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton, they are international standard players with reputations who have struggled to play at the level they should have because of it.

I agree that it looks likely we are trying to get rid of Melo quickly, I'll hold fire judging the financial details until we know more. But I would say a Melo calm and on form (pretty much as he has been now) is worth around €15m. Melo with little interest and us keen to get rid of him is different. See my very last point in previous post again.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Yep. It seems that Melo and the club had their mind set on him leaving. Jack has a point though where he said it's so early on that more teams could've come forward as time went on and it's hard to argue otherwise.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

So that would be 2 + 2 + 2.6 + 2.6 + 5 = €14.2m total?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
more like 2.5+2.5+5=10 mil

P.S. seems like a fair overall value but, according to the above explanation, only the first 2.5 mil are guaranteed for Juve and that's what makes it a perplexing deal, if these are indeed the actual details

GSaray

Jul 22, 2011
Yes. But all that money will be Juve's only by 2013, if Gala does buy him in the end.

Personally, I would keep him as a loan for two years and not use the option. That way Juve would have a 30 yeard old Brazilian at their hands, worth about 3-5 mil.

To be honest, I cannot see any top notch European clubs paying the money some people expect in exchange for Melo here. Maybe Malaga or PSG types of clubs. And if they have not made an offer yet, they probably won't.

Also, I think Vidal is definitely an improvement but not as big a signing as Juve (the Inzaghi-Montero-Tacchinardi-Zidane Juve, not the last five years) deserves.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
As for comparing a superstar and a wonderkid to Melo, I won't bother. Look more at players like Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton, they are international standard players with reputations who have struggled to play at the level they should have because of it.
Are you comparing the pedigree of a welsh international to a brazilian international?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)