Felipe Melo (77 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Pessimistic point of view:

- Marotta did this out of desperation and did not know how to sell Melo outright
- We are getting ripped off and raped by this deal
That's realistic view. What you call optimistic is being delusional. We are getting ripped off.

He turned 28 a couple of weeks ago.
I was talking about end of loan period. He will be nearly 30.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Then why seal a bullshit loan deal with the Turks so fast instead of waiting if PSG would make an offer?
What if they never make an offer? You're stuck with a player you want to get rid of.

Problem here is we overpaid by atleast 10 Million for Melo and that's what everyone expects us to get close to.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
No matter how you look at it, Marotta fucked up pretty bad in this one.
Secco fucked up even more paying 25 Million for a guy who was worth no more than 15 Million now it's up to Marotta to pick up the pieces.

Yes this is a shit deal however we were fucked from the off with Melo.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Then why seal a bullshit loan deal with the Turks so fast instead of waiting if PSG would make an offer?
yep, a loan move like this doesn't make sense when you have 1.5 months of mercato left ... not to mention this will not free up much funds to invest in other players anyway.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Secco fucked up even more paying 25 Million for a guy who was worth no more than 15 Million now it's up to Marotta to pick up the pieces.

that is true ... still, past is past and doesn't make up for a loan deal in the middle of the summer

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Secco certainly overpaid for Melo, but what has that got to do with what I'm saying? Marotta will truly fuck up if he let Melo go to Galatasaray for €2M over a loan deal in the middle of the transfer window, when the same Melo has been our best midfielder last season.

Why?Care to elaborate?
Just read the posts in the last pages.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
that is true ... still, past is past and doesn't make up for a loan deal in the middle of the summer
True.

However some people expect us to get alot of money for him and it's not feasible.

If he goes on a 2 Million loan then they pay 8 Million in a years time.

For me getting 10 Million for Melo is acceptable.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Talk about compounding a mistake, though. This is just ridiculous... guy was our best CM last year.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Secco certainly overpaid for Melo, but what has that got to do with what I'm saying? Marotta will truly fuck up if he let Melo go to Galatasaray for €2M over a loan deal, when the same Melo has been our best midfielder last season.

Just read the posts in the last pages.
Word.

However like I said if in 12 Months time we get 8 Million for Melo then I'll be happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)