Felipe Melo (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In the last few days everyone was complaining that we weren't selling anyone. So basically you want to sell everyone quickly, but only for the player's value. I'm afraid it rarely works like that. Players in demand command a top fee, players like Melo who cut their ties are not so easy. Crap players are even worse of course. We might have had another bid come in, we might have later on, or it could all be press nonsense. Like it or not a lot of teams won't touch Melo with a barge pole because of his reputation.

I'd like to see the particulars of this deal first rather than guesswork. If it's €2m + €6m then it's ridiculously low. If it's €2m + €10m different. If it's just a €2m loan then his age comes into play, he might have a storming season and teams will be interested but we wouldn't get €15m for him. Taking into account Secco well overpaid and he is nowhere near worth €25m, €15m is more his current value when you balance out his ability plus other factors. You can't give away players, but you also don't want to be lumbered with them. Keeping Melo in any capacity is clearly not an option, whether people agree with that or not it's the decision already taken.

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
True.

However some people expect us to get alot of money for him and it's not feasible.

If he goes on a 2 Million loan then they pay 8 Million in a years time.

For me getting 10 Million for Melo is acceptable.
agree, but so far the buy out clause seems to be pure speculation and there is no guarantee it is a mandatory one.
If it were 2+7/8 mil with mandatory buy-out, I can see the rationale in a move like this ... guess we should wait and see the details.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What if they never make an offer? You're stuck with a player you want to get rid of.

Problem here is we overpaid by atleast 10 Million for Melo and that's what everyone expects us to get close to.
I am not saying we should have waited for the last day but not be hasty like we did right now. If we announce that we want to sell him and willing to listen to offers, we would have received a few offers.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Galatasaray are leading the chase to sign Felipe Melo from Italian giants Juventus.

The Brazilian has confirmed that he will be leaving the Turin outfit this summer after holding talks with club officials.

Paris SG have shown an interest in the player, but it seems as if the Turkish side will net the midfielder.

It is claimed that Melo will move to the Istanbul outfit on a season’s loan with the option to buy outright next June.

Gala will pay Juve €2m for his temporary services.

The South American was acquired by Juve in the summer of 2009 for €24m from rivals Fiorentina.

Galatasaray have already dipped into the Italian market this month by signing Uruguayan ‘keeper Fernando Muslera.

FI

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Il trasferimento non è ufficiale come sembrato in un primo momento. Il comunicato apparso sul Galatasaray.org parla di negoziazione in corso.

La cifra pagata dalla società turca si aggira intorno ai due milioni di euro per il prestito con diritto di riscatto.

Il Galatasaray ha ufficializzato l'inizio dei colloqui con Felipe Melo, centrocampista brasiliano della Juventus. La nota è comparsa sul sito del club turco.

Seguiranno aggiornamenti

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
In the last few days everyone was complaining that we weren't selling anyone. So basically you want to sell everyone quickly, but only for the player's value. I'm afraid it rarely works like that. Players in demand command a top fee, players like Melo who cut their ties are not so easy. Crap players are even worse of course. We might have had another bid come in, we might have later on, or it could all be press nonsense. Like it or not a lot of teams won't touch Melo with a barge pole because of his reputation.

I'd like to see the particulars of this deal first rather than guesswork. If it's €2m + €6m then it's ridiculously low. If it's €2m + €10m different. If it's just a €2m loan then his age comes into play, he might have a storming season and teams will be interested but we wouldn't get €15m for him. Taking into account Secco well overpaid and he is nowhere near worth €25m, €15m is more his current value when you balance out his ability plus other factors. You can't give away players, but you also don't want to be lumbered with them. Keeping Melo in any capacity is clearly not an option, whether people agree with that or not it's the decision already taken.

Agreed. Apparently Melo isnt as good as we thought otherwise there would be more top clubs interested. The fact that only Galata or Fener want him shows a lot about him as a player as well.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Too many times have we spent big on players that have done well in Serie A with smaller clubs, only to see them flop! Almiron is the perfect example. Lets hope Lichsteiner proves me wrong.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Then why seal a bullshit loan deal with the Turks so fast instead of waiting if PSG would make an offer?
Good question. I refuse to believe that only Galatasaray are interested in him and have offered this figure. Amateur move by Marotta. Horrible.

What if they never make an offer? You're stuck with a player you want to get rid of.

Problem here is we overpaid by atleast 10 Million for Melo and that's what everyone expects us to get close to.
You're complicating things. You can always keep the clubs such as Galatasaray on-hold for couple of weeks more my friend but you can't keep big teams.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Agreed. Apparently Melo isnt as good as we thought otherwise there would be more top clubs interested. The fact that only Galata or Fener want him shows a lot about him as a player as well.

That's not what JuveJay said. It's the idea of how good he is that stops clubs from buying him, does not mean he isn't good.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
In the last few days everyone was complaining that we weren't selling anyone. So basically you want to sell everyone quickly, but only for the player's value. I'm afraid it rarely works like that. Players in demand command a top fee, players like Melo who cut their ties are not so easy. Crap players are even worse of course. We might have had another bid come in, we might have later on, or it could all be press nonsense. Like it or not a lot of teams won't touch Melo with a barge pole because of his reputation..
I disagree with everything in this post.

And Melo's reputation isn't the problem as much as it's Juve's problem. As for your last part, that's totally not true. Some coaches have been working with hot headed bad reputation players such as Balotelli, Zlatan and several type-alike midfielders like Melo yet they have no problem.

One thing is certain is that our Mang want to get rid of him in the fastest way possible. Which is really ugly and low IMO.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Ufff... So there is still tiny chance that Marotta isn't mad? I mean it's not official yet? Hope we get better offer soon than that silly 2m loan deal and obligation do buy-out player after year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)