Felipe Melo (20 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thanks for the stats, Alen.

But besides, even if Marchisio did net four goals and four assists at LM in 21 matches like Hustini purported, that's still not that impressive.

OK, fine. Marchisio works hard and plays a nice simple game. I'm not for selling him unless he receive a huge offer, but people need to finally admit the guy is simply a water-carrier. That's been my point all along. Marchisio can be the player who plays a quiet game around better players in a three-man midfield, but if we want to use him out wide or as a main player, this team is going to suck monkey balls. He's not a game-changing sort of player and he doesn't have the defensive ability Melo does.

But overall, my view is that Melo had the better season last year and I'm not changing my opinion on that. I know what I saw, and what I saw forms my opinion on Marchisio.
I'm not against selling him, not at all. I also don't think he is a guaranteed starter either. I would like to clarify that, if anything at all. Despite the contrary belief of what people like to say I think.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
OK, fine. Marchisio works hard and plays a nice simple game. I'm not for selling him unless he receive a huge offer, but people need to finally admit the guy is simply a water-carrier. That's been my point all along. Marchisio can be the player who plays a quiet game around better players in a three-man midfield, but if we want to use him out wide or as a main player, this team is going to suck monkey balls. He's not a game-changing sort of player and he doesn't have the defensive ability Melo does.

But overall, my view is that Melo had the better season last year and I'm not changing my opinion on that. I know what I saw, and what I saw forms my opinion on Marchisio.
Placing a guy who can put good crosses with his right and left and scores 4 goals & assists last season as water carrier is not really the way the go.

Melo played really good last season but assuming Marotta is still sane, there must be some good reasons of why selling his best DM.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Placing a guy who can put good crosses with his right and left and scores 4 goals & assists last season as water carrier is not really the way the go.

Melo played really good last season but assuming Marotta is still sane, there must be some good reasons of why selling his best DM.
Conte don't like him .

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Ur treading some rough waters here, be careful, I'd hate for anyone to cut the cheese.
it's the truth Cam :D
If Conte was convinced by Melo, as shown by the transfers we've done till now The coach has a big saying in wich player is going and wich player is coming so he would've demanded that Melo stay.
But he didn't .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Good crosses? What exactly do you mean? So you want to play him as a creative attacking midfielder, a winger, a side midfielder, a playmaker? What?

I'd laugh my ass off if someone says Marchisio has what it takes to take over for Aquilani. :howler:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'd expect someone with more mobility to play alongside Pirlo if we're playing a 4-4-2. We can't tell whether Melo and Andrea would work together or not, but having two slow ball hogs in the middle of the park is never a very good thing despite their quality.
Melo is anything but slow TBH. He sprints better and faster than most of his mates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)