Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I mean this as a reply to the opinion often mentioned here, which goes along these lines: "Yes, Marchisio didn't play too well, but that's only because he played out of position". This is only partially true, since Marchisio played out of position on a little more than half of the matches (18) while on the other matches (14) he played in his normal position, and I noticed no difference in his contribution to the team. He had good matches both as a CM and LM, he had average and bad matches both as a CM and LM.

What Hus is trying to say is that Marchisio would have been much better if he wasn't played out of position and I was trying to prove that at least for last season that's not true.
The only person bring up that argument is me, Alen. I saw some major flaws in peoples arguments and the instabilities in the team related to completely different lineups all season long. Your post brought some insight yes, clearly, but it doesn't write the whole story.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not going to read all these pages, but if you're trying to justify Melo leaving the team, nigga you're wrong.
The only thing I have said about his actual transfer is that if we bring someone better than I'm all for it, if not then he should stay. If Vidal is the complete CM package and could bring more to the team and is Melo's replacement then good, if not then you already know where I stand. I just said it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Vidal is the better version of Marchisio. Works hard in the defensive end, can score goals and likes to make runs into the box. Marchisio will be Vidal's reserve.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I don't really argue much. I was right about Amauri almost 2 years ago, I am confident in this as well. Just my gut instinct. Everyone seems to take my stance on Marchisio as an attack on Melo. The only reason I want to sell Melo is because we could have a better player in Vidal. If Vidal wasn't in the picture and we didn't have someone who could impact the team more than Melo then I would be against selling Melo.

The same goes for Marchisio as well. If we get someone better, then we sell him too to improve the squad. But in order for anyone to actually understand that (what I just said) they would have to read my posts.
That doesn't make sense, if we sign Vidal, that means Melo is our next best midfielder, so shouldn't Marchisio be given the boot? You can't honestly tell me that Marchisio is better than Melo, any person that's watched Juve games last season knows Melo was our best midfielder.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Stats should never have been brought into this argument. There are many things that Melo did better than Marchisio last season that are probably not on record. Melo simply had more energy and enthusiasm on the pitch and tried to bring the ball forward at every opportunity. Marchisio was static, he wasn't creative, he lacked energy and he was generally an ineffective tackler relative to Melo. You look at some of the really poor games we've played over the past few seasons and it was because our midfield lacked all those things. Melo, to his credit was able to provide us with them for the most part of last season but its not enough when Aquilani and Marchisio were so unimaginative all season long.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Marchisio will be Vidal's reserve.
What? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, right, until Vidal plays his first bad match. Then the fans from Turin will start hating on him, jeering and cursing the player who stole their boy's place and will demand the home boy to start the matches instead of Vidal.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The only thing I have said about his actual transfer is that if we bring someone better than I'm all for it, if not then he should stay. If Vidal is the complete CM package and could bring more to the team and is Melo's replacement then good, if not then you already know where I stand. I just said it.
Melo is currently our best CM. Replacing our best CM with another quality midfielder seems like a waste of time to me when we could have replaced weaker midfielders which we do in fact have.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Stats should never have been brought into this argument. There are many things that Melo did better than Marchisio last season that are probably not on record. Melo simply had more energy and enthusiasm on the pitch and tried to bring the ball forward at every opportunity. Marchisio was static, he wasn't creative, he lacked energy and he was generally an ineffective tackler relative to Melo. You look at some of the really poor games we've played over the past few seasons and it was because our midfield lacked all those things. Melo, to his credit was able to provide us with them for the most part of last season but its not enough when Aquilani and Marchisio were so unimaginative all season long.
That same midfield that has lacked all of those things has Melo right smack dab in the middle of it, just like Marchisio.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Melo is currently our best CM. Replacing our best CM with another quality midfielder seems like a waste of time to me when we could have replaced weaker midfielders which we do in fact have.
Word. Besides, Vidal and Marchisio are far more similar than Vidal and Melo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But the mercato is not over yet. What are people freaking out about? We have two new full backs, trying to land a top class forward and if Vidal is a step up over melo for only 12m then what is all the fuss about? An upgrade is an upgrade anyway you look at it.

This isn't like getting Motta to be an upgrade over Grygera. You are getting a really good player that is slightly better than the already good player that melo is. Melo is 28, Vidal is 24 with 4 years to grow and according to some he is already better than Melo...imagine in 4 years when Vidal is 28.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That same midfield that has lacked all of those things has Melo right smack dab in the middle of it, just like Marchisio.
Yeah but if you actually look at last seasons games you will find that it lacked it from Aquilani and Marchisio not Melo. If one midfielder is providing those things but the rest of the midfield isn't, then of course its still going to suck.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Word. Besides, Vidal and Marchisio are far more similar than Vidal and Melo.
IMO...Conte wants to keep Marchisio for his versatility. Melo is only a DM and will only ever be a DM. Marchisio, if needed, can play all across the midfield line. That's pretty much the only reason why I think he will stay. A big hint is Vidal as well...he is so versatile as well.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Of course.

Pazienza shouldn't have been brought at all and Vidal should have replaced Sissoko. We were gonna have Pirlo, Melo, Vidal and Marchisio and we'd have had no worries at all if one or two of the starting CMs got injured.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Of course.

Pazienza shouldn't have been brought at all and Vidal should have replaced Sissoko. We were gonna have Pirlo, Melo, Vidal and Marchisio and we'd have had no worries at all if one or two of the starting CMs got injured.
That would have been the perfect scenario alas it wasn't meant to be.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
But the mercato is not over yet. What are people freaking out about? We have two new full backs, trying to land a top class forward and if Vidal is a step up over melo for only 12m then what is all the fuss about? An upgrade is an upgrade anyway you look at it.

This isn't like getting Motta to be an upgrade over Grygera. You are getting a really good player that is slightly better than the already good player that melo is. Melo is 28, Vidal is 24 with 4 years to grow and according to some he is already better than Melo...imagine in 4 years when Vidal is 28.
But that's not how it works, is it?

If we keep on replacing our best players in the squad with other quality players, better or not, you're still going to remain with the crap players you have. If you can't understand that, then it's your problem Cam.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah but if you actually look at last seasons games you will find that it lacked it from Aquilani and Marchisio not Melo. If one midfielder is providing those things but the rest of the midfield isn't, then of course its still going to suck.
(finally you responded to me)

You would be surprised though to see how many goals were conceded when Melo was playing. Was it Melo's fault? Not entirely, it was the teams...just like the other two under-achieved as you say, a lot of that comes down to DN's insane tactics, lineups and the players that they play around. Melo's job was just to clean up the messes, not to dicate play with passing...it doesn't make a difference to him if the team can pass or not, the only difference he needs to make is win the ball back...unfortunately for aqui/marchisio they rely on the players around them and we all know these players were not always that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)