Felipe Melo (20 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
How am I attacking you, Kyle? Because I asked if you have ever played before? If you have, and you say you do for many years, then you of all people should know there are a hell of a lot more things involved in soccer than numbers that Alen posted. There is absolutely no factual evidence in Alen's post that shows that the teams results were strictkly stringent on Marhcisio's performance. There is also no way to prove that it just wasn't a run of luck that when he wasn't playing the few games had better results...and there is not way on earth to show with any fact that the team would have been more successful without Marchisio playing.
Hustini
Stats, Kyle. Marchisio has had better stats in just about everything.
Hustini
Exactly. Tell that to the guys who know everything. Stats can be shown to argue absolutely any case you wish to show.
Hustini
If Marchisio has been poor the last couple season yet boasts more impressive stats than Melo...then what the fuck does that say about Melo? You guys can twist your arguments in any which way you want, it doesn't hide the facts though.

Melo does not get the job done better than Marchisio in producing results.

Bottom line.
:sergio:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
but you were using the numbers as the basis for your arguement, and now you cnahge it to say it doesn't tell the whole story. so which one is it?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dudes, stats really can't say much about Marchisio and especially about last season.

But I watched every Juve match and I know that last year there was no difference in Marchisio's play when he played CM or LM. At least there wasn't some visible difference since even when he was a LM he was playing more like a CM, rarely occupying the wing in the opponent's side of the pitch. He was doing just as good or just as bad in both positions. That's my whole point.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dudes, stats really can't say much about Marchisio and especially about last season.

But I watched every Juve match and I know that last year there was no difference in Marchisio's play when he played CM or LM. At least there wasn't some visible difference since even when he was a LM he was playing more like a CM, rarely occupying the wing in the opponent's side of the pitch. He was doing just as good or just as bad in both positions. That's my whole point.
And my whole point is he never really did anything wrong, he did his job when others weren't. You don't need numbers to tell you that.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Like I said to Kyle...it would help if you read my posts. All of them, otherwise anyone can make an argument to sound like a contradiction.
Cam, take a few minutes to read MikeM's post, go through your posts. If you think you didn't contradict yourself then there's no hope for you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

I mean this as a reply to the opinion often mentioned here, which goes along these lines: "Yes, Marchisio didn't play too well, but that's only because he played out of position". This is only partially true, since Marchisio played out of position on a little more than half of the matches (18) while on the other matches (14) he played in his normal position, and I noticed no difference in his contribution to the team. He had good matches both as a CM and LM, he had average and bad matches both as a CM and LM.

What Hus is trying to say is that Marchisio would have been much better if he wasn't played out of position and I was trying to prove that at least for last season that's not true.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
From this silly argument. Why go on & on about it, plus you're aggravating yourself for nothing.
I don't really argue much. I was right about Amauri almost 2 years ago, I am confident in this as well. Just my gut instinct. Everyone seems to take my stance on Marchisio as an attack on Melo. The only reason I want to sell Melo is because we could have a better player in Vidal. If Vidal wasn't in the picture and we didn't have someone who could impact the team more than Melo then I would be against selling Melo.

The same goes for Marchisio as well. If we get someone better, then we sell him too to improve the squad. But in order for anyone to actually understand that (what I just said) they would have to read my posts.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
vidal is better than marchisio. and chances are he would be better than pirlo. vidal should be the one to partner melo. that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)