Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but what has he done to deserve a payrise? its not like he's earning nothing....
Now that I think about it, I don't beleive it has anything to do with a pay raise. It has more to do with the notion that Conte no longer sees him as a starter, and therefore his wages would be too high for a backup CM when they already have a ton of them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why would Melo not want to play for a Juve without Del Neri and then go to a team that isn't coached by Del Neri?

The Del Neri part isn't true. There is something else behind Melo's exit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Now that I think about it, I don't beleive it has anything to do with a pay raise. It has more to do with the notion that Conte no longer sees him as a starter, and therefore his wages would be too high for a backup CM when they already have a ton of them.
If we buy Vidal, then we will have Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo, all earning the same or more than Melo. One of them will be a bench player with very high wages.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we buy Vidal, then we will have Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo, all earning the same or more than Melo. One of them will be a bench player with very high wages.
Right.

However, having one bench player with high wages is a lot different than 2.

I think Conte sees Vidal as an upgrade to Melo, so there is no way that Melo and Vidal can both be on this team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Right.

However, having one bench player with high wages is a lot different than 2.

I think Conte sees Vidal as an upgrade to Melo, so there is no way that Melo and Vidal can both be on this team.
I think Melo's exit was a pretty obvious thing even before Conte's arrival. Later it was reported that some kind of injury was the reason why was Melo watching the last match(es) from the stands, but many doubted that there is an injury and it was thought that Melo was for sale and that's why he was blocked out of the squad. Now it's pretty clear that Melo is indeed put on sale.

It's something else imo and it's between Melo and Marotta. I won't be surprised to learn in the future that Melo said something he shouldn't have said and it was what eventually forced Marotta into selling him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
he said it himself on twitter and in many interviews
Seriously? I know that Melo showed his support to Del Neri ("Everybody knows I’m on his side. I cannot be indifferent because the coach, with the staff and management, have given me the confidence that I lacked.") but I doubt that Melo publicly said how he will leave Juve if Del Neri is fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)