Felipe Melo (11 Viewers)

Mar 24, 2006
Pirlo, Pazienza OR Sissoko, Marchisio, Aquilani, Inler will be here next season IMO.
We might start 3 midfielders: Pirlo, Melo, and Inler :xfingers:
Bench : Pazienza, and Marchisio
Sell: sissoko
Aqua: 50:50 staying
Loan to Siena or Empoli: Giandonato ,
makes sense , but i think Conte will opt to use 2 central midfielder tactic hence 4 natural midfielder should be stacked while Marchisio could be use as LW back up

i personally would like to see Melo , Pirlo , Marchisio , Aquilani and Sissoko/Pazienza staying , i like Giandonato but loaning him out WITHOUT stupid option to buy / half ownership is a good idea to gain a first team experience .

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
makes sense , but i think Conte will opt to use 2 central midfielder tactic hence 4 natural midfielder should be stacked while Marchisio could be use as LW back up

i personally would like to see Melo , Pirlo , Marchisio , Aquilani and Sissoko/Pazienza staying , i like Giandonato but loaning him out WITHOUT stupid option to buy / half ownership is a good idea to gain a first team experience .
If he going to play with 2 midfielder and we are keeping Melo, i guess its going to be Inler with Melo. To play Pirlo in a 2 man centremid we need a more discpilined DM instead of Melo.

Jul 1, 2010
I am quite happy to have Pirlo really, but we have to use him intelligently. Pirlo would get overrun easily in a 4-4-2 and he has to be protected.

With Melo and Inler alongside him, Pirlo could be very effective, picking his passes and his long balls as he wills.

Jul 1, 2010
Buffon
Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Ziegler
Inler-Pirlo-Melo
Krasic-Matri-Sanchez​

I think that's the best possible first eleven we can do for next season. I would love Pastore but his arrival would either mean that we would bench Melo or Krasic.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Buffon
Inler-Pirlo-Melo
Krasic-Matri-Sanchez​

I think that's the best possible first eleven we can do for next season. I would love Pastore but his arrival would either mean that we would bench Melo or Krasic.
Whats the odds of Udinese selling both Inler and Sanchez, pretty low. I dunt think they wanna sell their top players just before a CL. It depends on how high we would wanna offer for Sanchez. It got to be pretty large.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Buffon
Inler-Pirlo-Melo
Krasic-Matri-Sanchez​

I would bench Krasic

Aguero Matri

Pastore

Inler Pirlo Melo​

I remember milan used to have Kaka shifting one side, usually the right side, and Seedorf shifting to the left, while Gattuso roaming next to Pirlo providing cover. it can be considered as 3-4-3.

We could have Pastore taking the right side behind the strikers, Aguero cutting from the left side with the help of the LB, Inler box to box, while Melo roaming close to Pirlo to help clean up any miss, and destroy opponents attack. Offcourse that formations needs proper backs that are capable of overlapping and joining the attack, and I like what I saw from Ziegler going forward (questionable on defence), and the possibility of having any of Licht or Cassani should make such formation a success

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
A mid of Inler, Pirlo, and Melo would be too static, me thinks, especially if Pirlo is a deep-lying central playmaker, like in Milan. It might work if Pirlo is in more of a trequartista role, infront of Melo and Inler and immediately behind the 3 up-front - that way he would be surrounded with more dynamic players but even then there is the question if Pirlo is dynamic enough himself for that role ... has a better chance of working out, though, I think.

Personally, I think Pirlo would work best in the midfield in a Xavi type of role i.e. as RM or LM - in front of the more defensive-minded back (presumably Lichtsteiner) - with possibly Inler in the center, Melo being sold and another midfielder coming in, who combines a midfield enforcer with creativity and dynamism and would make runs forward, without compromising the back too much. A perfect example is Seedorf under Ancelotti at Milan 5-6 years ago - he was the one who made possible the scheme with a relatively weak and slow player like Pirlo in the middle work well defensively, while at the same time Milan were pretty darn good going forward, considering Gattuso added only muscle to the team.
Problem is it is not easy at all finding a midfielder like that since most players out there are either muscle enforcer w/o much creativity or are technically sound, creative players but usually lightweight and not much of sound tackling in them.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
A mid of Inler, Pirlo, and Melo would be too static, me thinks, especially if Pirlo is a deep-lying central playmaker, like in Milan. It might work if Pirlo is in more of a trequartista role, infront of Melo and Inler and immediately behind the 3 up-front - that way he would be surrounded with more dynamic players but even then there is the question if Pirlo is dynamic enough himself for that role ... has a better chance of working out, though, I think.

Personally, I think Pirlo would work best in the midfield in a Xavi type of role i.e. as RM or LM - in front of the more defensive-minded back (presumably Lichtsteiner) - with possibly Inler in the center, Melo being sold and another midfielder coming in, who combines a midfield enforcer with creativity and dynamism and would make runs forward, without compromising the back too much. A perfect example is Seedorf under Ancelotti at Milan 5-6 years ago - he was the one who made possible the scheme with a relatively weak and slow player like Pirlo in the middle work well defensively, while at the same time Milan were pretty darn good going forward, considering Gattuso added only muscle to the team.
Problem is it is not easy at all finding a midfielder like that since most players out there are either muscle enforcer w/o much creativity or are technically sound, creative players but usually lightweight and not much of sound tackling in them.
Its not static if the front 3 have high quality movement. In fact, with intelligent movement up front, pirlo protected by the likes of Inler and Big Phil, could be phenomenal...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think Krasic will not be used as a SS and thats why we are looking for Agueros.
I think that we will use wingers for another reason, we are looking for LMs and we have signed a very weak LB, that cant handle the whole left flank without support form a left winger.

If we do play Pirlo as a starter, we are going to need a capable DM, since Melo had a decent year, we will trust him and sell the limited and out of favor Sissoko.
The 4-3-3 is unrealistic with our current material and Melo is a decent solution in the 3 man midfield as well. After a decent season , we are unlikely to sell him for peanuts, like we did Diego, because we dont have Secco anymore and Melo can play in a new system.
There are no serious offers to his price tag,he and the board said he will continue with us, so i guess its safe to conclude that he stays!

Jul 13, 2010
I think, that the best formation would be with melo as a DM and inler with pirlo as CM. then two wingers up high and a lone striker(like a 4-3-3 realy, but more like 4-1-2-2-1).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)