Felipe Melo (70 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
he is undoubtedly our best midfielder this season IMO as he commands it and has really good flair with the ball. his presence makes a huge difference. BUT having said that his tendency to lose control at times, even though few can be very costly, is a factor we must account for. I do not look forward to future games where Melo loses his cool and gets sent off and we're left fending for ourselves. If he could just get over that .....

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think I'd argue that he's been our best player over the course of the season. Who else is there? Krasic was phenomenal early, but hit the rocks for quite awhile and was totally ineffective, Qtube took the knock, Chiello's been off covering three positions, Alex doesn't feature enough anymore...

For me, I think it's Melo. Yup. I'm comfortable saying that Felipe Melo has been our most consistent performer this year.

Which is crazy, when you consider what happened last year. It's also another good reminder why it's often not a good idea to sell a player after ONE season, and yes, I obviously still contend that selling Diego - especially in the manner he was sold - was a terrible decision.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I think I'd argue that he's been our best player over the course of the season. Who else is there? Krasic was phenomenal early, but hit the rocks for quite awhile and was totally ineffective, Qtube took the knock, Chiello's been off covering three positions, Alex doesn't feature enough anymore...

For me, I think it's Melo. Yup. I'm comfortable saying that Felipe Melo has been our most consistent performer this year.

Which is crazy, when you consider what happened last year. It's also another good reminder why it's often not a good idea to sell a player after ONE season, and yes, I obviously still contend that selling Diego - especially in the manner he was sold - was a terrible decision.
learn from this and don't sell krasic i really think krasic will shine for us next season :heart:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Juventus's Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo is attracting interest from Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid. The 27-year-old is for sale. :frown2:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
easily our player of the season...a poor season admittedly, but Big Phil has been consistent, majestic and focused, and deserves credit for his rehabiliation and fine form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)