Felipe Melo (2 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It will be a rip off if we agree on such a deal. A 10m in cash is the minimum here unless they want to swap him with Cesc :drool:

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Melo blames vuvuzelas for own goal[/FONT]
Monday 12 July, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo has blamed the vuvuzelas for the own goal he scored in Brazil's World Cup Quarter-Final against Holland.

Melo has been widely blamed for Brazil's premature exit from the competition and was even warned by Ronaldo not to holiday back home.

He had started the Quarter-Final in fine form, setting up Robinho for Brazil's opening goal with a stunning pass from midfield.

However, it all went down hill from then onwards as he got in Julio Cesar's way while defending a set-piece, which allowed Holland to equalise.

Melo then failed to pick up Wesley Sneijder who scored Holland's second goal and was sent off soon afterwards for stamping on Arjen Robben.

Brazil lost 2-1 and their World Cup dream was over.

Speaking to Rede Globo, Melo said: “I will not be a scapegoat in any way: it's seems that everything I have done has been negative.

“We are forgetting the good things like the assist I gave to Robinho and the good performances in the other games.

“I know that I share part of the blame for the defeat against Holland, but I know that I gave my best.”

When asked about the own goal, he said: “Julio Cesar called for the ball, but with the vuvuzelas it was difficult to hear.

“Now my only objective is that of returning to Juventus and doing a good job.”
[/FONT]

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
no it doesn't. Everything he does is indeed negative or average at best. His red card is unjustifiable. His other performances where average.. Ramires did a better job when Melo wasnt on.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Its the same story with Melo every time. He defends himself by pointing out all the good things he has done instead.

However, the owngoal wasn't his fault imo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Melo blames vuvuzelas for own goal[/FONT]
Monday 12 July, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo has blamed the vuvuzelas for the own goal he scored in Brazil's World Cup Quarter-Final against Holland.

Melo has been widely blamed for Brazil's premature exit from the competition and was even warned by Ronaldo not to holiday back home.

He had started the Quarter-Final in fine form, setting up Robinho for Brazil's opening goal with a stunning pass from midfield.

However, it all went down hill from then onwards as he got in Julio Cesar's way while defending a set-piece, which allowed Holland to equalise.

Melo then failed to pick up Wesley Sneijder who scored Holland's second goal and was sent off soon afterwards for stamping on Arjen Robben.

Brazil lost 2-1 and their World Cup dream was over.

Speaking to Rede Globo, Melo said: “I will not be a scapegoat in any way: it's seems that everything I have done has been negative.

“We are forgetting the good things like the assist I gave to Robinho and the good performances in the other games.

“I know that I share part of the blame for the defeat against Holland, but I know that I gave my best.”

When asked about the own goal, he said: “Julio Cesar called for the ball, but with the vuvuzelas it was difficult to hear.
“Now my only objective is that of returning to Juventus and doing a good job.”
[/FONT]

Now where are all you wankers who blamed Julio?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Oh, it's still mostly Cesar's fault. No doubt about it.

If you come off your line as a keeper, you better make sure you catch the damn ball. Simple as that.
But in this case, Melo obviously did not make the situation any easier for his goalie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)