Felipe Melo (91 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He is an amazing player that needs a good system to excel, to bad our system is... my bad, we don't have a system at all. Wait till next year if we sign a good coach, and fill the holes in our defense. I still believe he will come along very good, but if it was up to me, I will make Melo the box to box midfielder, bring sissoko back and buy a player who is capable of distributing the ball. Most of the time I see Sissoko pushing up behind the strikers, I would love to Melo doing so, since he has a more accurate shot, and more comforable on the ball than Momo
From where? He never left

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
He is an amazing player that needs a good system to excel, to bad our system is... my bad, we don't have a system at all. Wait till next year if we sign a good coach, and fill the holes in our defense. I still believe he will come along very good, but if it was up to me, I will make Melo the box to box midfielder, bring sissoko back and buy a player who is capable of distributing the ball. Most of the time I see Sissoko pushing up behind the strikers, I would love to Melo doing so, since he has a more accurate shot, and more comforable on the ball than Momo
Funny thing is how almost every our player is good but he needs system and players to excel. It's like if we want Melo to play good than we need 10 other players to hel him, same is with Diego, Amauri, Marchisio, Chiellini etc. But I refere to Melo again, mostly because we bought him to help us with our current "system"...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Funny thing is how almost every our player is good but he needs system and players to excel. It's like if we want Melo to play good than we need 10 other players to hel him, same is with Diego, Amauri, Marchisio, Chiellini etc. But I refere to Melo again, mostly because we bought him to help us with our current "system"...
think of it like this. hw come melo was great fro braxil, purple faggots and almeria, how come Poulsen was solid for schalke and sevilla, how come tiago was solid for chelsea and lyon and madrid, come come molinaro was/is solid for siena/stuttgart, diego for bremen, but not with us? clearly there is something wrong with the coaches/club and not these players.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
actually we are exaclty like inter was before clacioploi. we sign all these players who have had solid careers, and then they turn to poop with us.

doesn't help that some of our fans and entire board are a bunch of faggots

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
think of it like this. hw come melo was great fro braxil, purple faggots and almeria, how come Poulsen was solid for schalke and sevilla, how come tiago was solid for chelsea and lyon and madrid, come come molinaro was/is solid for siena/stuttgart, diego for bremen, but not with us? clearly there is something wrong with the coaches/club and not these players.
I know, the same thoughts bothered me in the last month and I came to conclusion that we really turned to Inter. Remeber how much money they spent on players, and how many of them turned to be good.

We have good players that play average at best and I don't think that even 500m budget won't help fix our problems. Last year under Ranieri we were good or we could say even great compared to current situation, and what we actually did since Ranieri left? We bought more good players and potential WC and now many still think that we lack at least 3-4 new great players. Ofcourse we do, it would be stupid to deny that. But my point is that we aren't improved at all, and I'm afraid that we won't even with new players.

Ofcourse I didn't forgot Ferrara, but we shouldn't use him as an excuse to all our problems.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Eggs-actly! And the players that leave are looking gooood elsewhere. even Friggin Marchionni looks like he could play some ball.
Great example using Marchionni, at Fiorentina he is still the same limited player but he is so useful in their system because Prandelli uses him in a role that limits his negative sides and brings out the best in his play. Instead of signing an expensive player and hoping his quality alone is enough they have a mediocre one who is being used intelligently.

The opposite is happening to Melo this season.

Changes in Management and coaching staff will be what really decides how much better or worse next season can be.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
From where? He never left
I mean you see Momo is always running way up into the opponents box, I would rather Melo be the box to box type and make Momo stay still infront of the defense.

@Oggy: It's obvious to anybody that our players don't know what the hell to do on the field, they are lost and no connection or chemistry. This system is fraud, and it doesn't matter how much money you spend on bringing players, in the end if you field 11 world class stars but the system is like hell then you are going to lose and loke like pub league players. We have no identity at all, every game we play with different formation/tactic (that's if you count our tactics as real tactic).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I mean you see Momo is always running way up into the opponents box, I would rather Melo be the box to box type and make Momo stay still infront of the defense.

I disagree, Momo comes forward fairly well with the ball despite his lack of passing ability. Melo should be sitting in front the defense but as a DM not a regista while Momo should be slightly to right ahead of Melo in a more free role that allows him to move as he wants breaking up the opponents play, his amazing athleticism should not be restricted.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I disagree, Momo comes forward fairly well with the ball despite his lack of passing ability. Melo should be sitting in front the defense but as a DM not a regista while Momo should be slightly to right ahead of Melo in a more free role that allows him to move as he wants breaking up the opponents play, his amazing athleticism should not be restricted.
...but Melo is a better shooter, passer, and better technical ability on the ball than Melo. So, I would rather see Melo way up the field than Momo. Melo is more comfortable with the ball than Momo who could be good enough stationed infront of the defense to another midfielder who can pass it around with ease like Xavi or Pirlo type of a player

Calcio

Aug 21, 2009
Melo is an Anchor man. not a playmaker (regista), even Moggi have said this. Yes, I have seen alot discussion about this guy, but the only way we can excell this guy, is to give the right role, and let him do his play, and to have Marchisio or Camo to do theirs. Melo should quit acting like he the regista, as he do not have the passing, compusere or mind to control a midfield battle, like say D´agostino.

you can say a lot about Moggi, but he knows his football

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
melo suffers from the fact that he is being forced to do more than he has to

in a formation like 4-2-3-1 he just has to win the ball and give it to the creators, in the formations we have seen him play in he has to distribute play, something he cannot do.

he isnt a bad player.
:tup:

I said that a while ago and we agreed back then aswell Salvo, after we stopped playing 4-2-3-1. If you can find a formation where you can give Melo a simple task he can do great. He's no registra, and will never be.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Melo is an Anchor man. not a playmaker (regista), even Moggi have said this. Yes, I have seen alot discussion about this guy, but the only way we can excell this guy, is to give the right role, and let him do his play, and to have Marchisio or Camo to do theirs. Melo should quit acting like he the regista, as he do not have the passing, compusere or mind to control a midfield battle, like say D´agostino.

you can say a lot about Moggi, but he knows his football
you don't have to go that far. Melo himself when we signed him said he is not a regista. he didn't even play as a regista in purple faggots team or almeria

Calcio

Aug 21, 2009
you don't have to go that far. Melo himself when we signed him said he is not a regista. he didn't even play as a regista in purple faggots team or almeria

But what does that say about the midfield then? If even Melo starts taking the playing role in midfield, where the hell is the players who are supposed to take that responsibility? We really need a good tactician who can actually solve the midfield and give the players the roles that suits them

Prandelli got the best out of Melo at Viola, Why? because Montolivio contriolled the passing and Melo got to tackle, cover ground and "invisible room" in the midfield.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
There is no clear strategy in this club thats our main problem IMO. For 3 years since the return from serie B we still don't know what formation we should use.

The thing that shows how naive our directors are, is that they keep on buying more players every year yet they don't know what formation or system we're gonna use. This club clearly needs new experience directors who know what exactly do they want.

Calcio

Aug 21, 2009
There is no clear strategy in this club thats our main problem IMO. For 3 years since the return from serie B we still don't know what formation we should use.

The thing that shows how naive our directors are, is that they keep on buying more players every year yet they don't know what formation or system we're gonna use. This club clearly needs new experience directors who know what exactly do they want.
like for example Marotta?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)