Felipe Melo (287 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Of course, a lot of these players I mentioned stayed with us for 3 seasons maybe more. Anyway thats enough to usually tell what a player will be like, clubs dont have enough patience. Were an exception moreso now when we still have players like grygera with us :lol: Anyway point being im not blaming fate im just blaming the fact that its quite a lot of players who if they were still playing after leaving us (few seasons after) we would take them back anyday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Alright mate. Sure, there is a slim chance he could be somewhat useful if he had the chance to work with a top coach that believed in him. But then again, I see no reason why a top class coach would do so. After seeing him play since this august I still haven't figured out what his role in the midfield is. Is he a defensively or offensively oriented player? He just isn't very good in any area of the game.
For us his simply been very poor, but I guess if you look at his international matches (all be it not many compared to the number of appearances his had with us) and of course his time at fiorentina you can begin to feel that he isnt all bad but certainly seems pretty lost on the pitch. He gets wound up easily, which I feel is what we need, we need some aggression but with a head im not standing up for him he aint great but I just think with some right guidance he could certainly proove to be much much better. I think its one season he deserves another before I agree with a lot of the fans thats its a total waste. His a 'hard worker' all be it unorganised, certainly not offensive.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Zidane BECAME the best player in the world, WHILST PLAYING FOR JUVE. This is why Madrid grabbed him, not because they saw POTENTIAL DEPTHS TO BE PLUMBED. He was absolutely fucking superb for us...

And as for the much maligned Felipe...When you have a defence which has been horribly shaky ALL season, only ever looking likely to shut out the opposition when Chiellini is playing, Marchisio has not been at ALL consistent...Momo has got worse...Camo more often dead than alive, and even if alive, too commonly uninterested in anything but petulant fouls. Only Poulsen has shown any consistency when he has played...Indeed, put all these factors together, and include forwards who can't run or find or even smell space...and Diego, asked to do EVERYTHING offensively...Melo's form does not seem like such an isolated case of ineptitude. More in line with the TEAM as a whole...Even if we are going to sell him, doing so before the world cup would be stupid, for if brazil do well, Melo does well, his value remains what we paid or even increases. The worst case scenario is that we sell him at a loss BEFORE the world cup, then see him excel, but I don't want to see him sold. For he has done no worse than many other well paid juventini...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'll tell you what, the moment of the match that got me the most excited was at the end when Melo lashed out at that little potatohead piece of shit Damien Duff. That got me going, yelling, "you fucking get him Melo, my niggah!"

Damien Duff is one of the most disgusting pieces of shit I've ever seen play football. I just wish my niggah Melo would have sent him home on a stretcher. Or better: in a casket.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'll tell you what, the moment of the match that got me the most excited was at the end when Melo lashed out at that little potatohead piece of shit Damien Duff. That got me going, yelling, "you fucking get him Melo, my niggah!"

Damien Duff is one of the most disgusting pieces of shit I've ever seen play football. I just wish my niggah Melo would have sent him home on a stretcher. Or better: in a casket.
I'm far from a fan of the Duffer but what exactly makes him so disgusting?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Hate his demeanor, hate how he plays, he looks like a total cunt, and didn't want to greet Burke and I in DC unlike most of the other Chelsea players after the match.

He's a cunt player, plain and simple.
I don't like him as a player at all. He's a lazy bastard too.

I've actually briefly met him twice though and he seems like a nice guy and had loads of time for Ireland fans.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
melo suffers from the fact that he is being forced to do more than he has to

in a formation like 4-2-3-1 he just has to win the ball and give it to the creators, in the formations we have seen him play in he has to distribute play, something he cannot do.

he isnt a bad player.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
He is an amazing player that needs a good system to excel, to bad our system is... my bad, we don't have a system at all. Wait till next year if we sign a good coach, and fill the holes in our defense. I still believe he will come along very good, but if it was up to me, I will make Melo the box to box midfielder, bring sissoko back and buy a player who is capable of distributing the ball. Most of the time I see Sissoko pushing up behind the strikers, I would love to Melo doing so, since he has a more accurate shot, and more comforable on the ball than Momo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 287)