Felipe Melo (252 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We can't make a coaching decision based upon making Melo happy tho. We can cut him some slack because the whole team looks poor this season but if he is worth keeping than he should be able to perform for any good coach we get this summer

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
He is a quality player I totally agree his not made for Juve as soon as he leaves he will be one of the best out there sadly.. we see this all to often and sadly we continue our trend of players just unable to play here. I dont know what we do or feed them but this is getting ridicolous.
Uhm... no? Melo is a poor footballer who won't make it anywhere. And name me some examples of world beaters that excelled only after leaving Juve? (Henry aside)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Prandelli has impressed with the gayola but I am not completely sold on him. After this season I want the board to go all out and get the best manager they can, this IMO is far more important than any new signings.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Prandelli appointed but we need a complete tactical and psychological turn around from a top coach.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
First of all you were hardly born then, if you're 17 now, so you wouldn't know. And secondly, you're wrong.

Now, what the user Phrozen was thinking about is without a doubt players of recent years, such as Palladino, Criscito, Miccoli, etc. These players couldn't cut it at Juve and are shining at mid table clubs because they are exactly that: stars of mid table clubs, not good enough players to build on to win trophies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
First of all you were hardly born then, if you're 17 now, so you wouldn't know. And secondly, you're wrong.

:lol: So that somehow unvalidated his point?

And a lot of players have been underperforming at Juve recently, it is difficult to judge who sucks and who is a victim of the situation

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

Now, what the user Phrozen was thinking about is without a doubt players of recent years, such as Palladino, Criscito, Miccoli, etc. These players couldn't cut it at Juve and are shining at mid table clubs because they are exactly that: stars of mid table clubs, not good enough players to build on to win trophies.
19 actually you dolt.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Uhm... no? Melo is a poor footballer who won't make it anywhere. And name me some examples of world beaters that excelled only after leaving Juve? (Henry aside)
world beaters is such a wrong word, Henry was certainly that. However the following players made a bigger impact in their careers after leaving us/ still with us.

Ibrahimovic
Almiron
Appiah
Maresca
Blasi
Boumsong
Brighi
Perrota
Criscito
Palladino
De Sanctis
Gasbaroni
Marchionni
Zanetti
Miccoli
Nocerino
Moretti
Vieri
Van Der Sar
Isaakson

Thats all that comes to mind. Either way im sure quite a lot of them make our our current crop of players look crap.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
world beaters is such a wrong word, Henry was certainly that. However the following players made a bigger impact in their careers after leaving us/ still with us.

Ibrahimovic
Almiron
Appiah
Maresca
Blasi
Boumsong
Brighi
Perrota
Criscito
Palladino
De Sanctis
Gasbaroni
Marchionni
Zanetti
Miccoli
Nocerino
Moretti
Vieri

Thats all that comes to mind. Either way im sure quite a lot of them make our our current crop of players look crap.
But what you suggested was that Melo would once again be "one of the best out there" and you then went on to suggest that this is something that frequently occurs with players that leave Juve.

None of those players fit the bill except Vieri and Ibra but they weren't exactly crap for Juve either.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
But what you suggested was that Melo would once again be "one of the best out there" and you then went on to suggest that this is something that frequently occurs with players that leave Juve.

None of those players fit the bill except Vieri and Ibra but they weren't exactly crap for Juve either.
Ok my wording was certainly wrong there no denying but It wasnt to difficult to figure out what i meant there. What I do believe however is that he will make it bigger than his made it here. Already an international player has a good partner plays it simple and I think an EPL club like Arsenal would suit him best, matter of time.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Ok my wording was certainly wrong there no denying but It wasnt to difficult to figure out what i meant there. What I do believe however is that he will make it bigger than his made it here. Already an international player has a good partner plays it simple and I think an EPL club like Arsenal would suit him best, matter of time.
Alright mate. Sure, there is a slim chance he could be somewhat useful if he had the chance to work with a top coach that believed in him. But then again, I see no reason why a top class coach would do so. After seeing him play since this august I still haven't figured out what his role in the midfield is. Is he a defensively or offensively oriented player? He just isn't very good in any area of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 252)