Felipe Melo (62 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We had our best midfield performance defensively when Melo and Sissoko were the two in the 4-2-3-1. Nothing went through them.
..and our best offensive performence when Giovinco, Diego and Camoranesi where playing together behind a striker. We scored 11 goals in 3 games with 4-2-3-1. Ciro is so annoying.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
There is nothing wrong with Melo, he is a solid player with his own ability. The problem is Ferrara, he is in problem and he is expecting from everyone to play like Zidane.

If we put so much pressure on Melo and Diego then they will not be able to play their best play. They are from Brazil, let them enjoy football... Then you will see. Give them the freedom.

I am so happy that Messi is not at Juve, because he will not be able to play the way he does in Barca, all because we have to play like machine.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
..and our best offensive performence when Giovinco, Diego and Camoranesi where playing together behind a striker. We scored 11 goals in 3 games with 4-2-3-1. Ciro is so annoying.
ya that were some great games... to bad we changed tactics again... but with so much injuries it's hard to play a formation for the season...
hopefully we can have a full squad for a whole season next year....
i think thats were ferrara got most of his problems from.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
We had our best midfield performance defensively when Melo and Sissoko were the two in the 4-2-3-1. Nothing went through them.
for once, my dear Teeth, we are in total agreement...Whilst Sissoko is no Silva, he certainly allows Melo to show Why we bought him, and why he is a first team player for arguably the best national team in the world game.

That formation brings the best out of what we have. Its a crying shame that Momo and Camo are both absent for the near future, but we can easily deploy Marchisio in the Momo role, and if we are to re-adopt the 4-2-3-1 formation which has allowed us to look something like our best, then we need the third player for the 3. Diego and Giovinco are fine, but who completes the trio??? I hope and expect us to sign somebody for the role, ledesma, maybe Pandev...and also, if i am allowing myself to dream even more heartily, then we bring back Iago who can cover ALL 3 positions of that 3.

Either way, if we have learned anything this season, it is that Melo and Diego perform best in he 4-2-3-1.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
:tup:

I don't agree about gettin Ledesma, but the rest is basically how I feel about this whole situation. That formation seems to get the best out of most of our players, except our Capitano. Getting one of our youngsters to give that 3rd spot in the '3' a go would be great, but we probably won't I'm afraid.

I just want to see the 4-2-3-1 again, to see if it can again make a difference.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

I don't agree about gettin Ledesma, but the rest is basically how I feel about this whole situation. That formation seems to get the best out of most of our players, except our Capitano. Getting one of our youngsters to give that 3rd spot in the '3' a go would be great, but we probably won't I'm afraid.

Yeah hopefully Bettega slaps some sense into Ferrara, by telling him he had a good thing going with that formation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He shoudnt have rushed DP, if the formation was workiing. I still dont know how he has not used that again. I love Ferrara but he is doing nonsense.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

In the past i would against the idea to sign Ledesma, but now i think he can be our solution. My reason is we need a MC who can pass and distribute the ball, and Ledesma is fit with that characteristic if i'm not wrong. Like others here said we can't push Melo to play and make unrealistic passing and Momo is definitely can't pass too. He will be better than Tiago who doesn't have clear character in the games. Tiago is sloppy when defense and easy to read when attack. So if we can sell Tiago this January and Ledesma can rescind his contract with Lazio, why not try him for free

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
After winning that shitty award, all the criticism from the media and fans, I'm glad the guy's got some fight left in him. I really hope ( doh.. ) but also think he will come through eventually, but maybe not under Ferrara.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Felipe Melo: 'I'll show Juve!'

Sunday 3 January, 2010

Felipe Melo has silenced his critics and assured “I haven’t the slightest intention of leaving Juventus.”
The Brazilian was largely blamed for the recent poor form in Turin and Champions League exit, widely considered the biggest flop of the summer transfer market at £20m.

“I never thought for one second about how much the club spent for me, but after this not terribly positive period I really want to prove they didn’t make a mistake in paying Fiorentina that sum.

“I was just tired and needed rest, but now I am fired up again and raring to go,” he told La Stampa newspaper.

“I haven’t the slightest intention of leaving Juventus.”

He could be aided by a change in tactics, as Ciro Ferrara used the 4-4-2 in a 2-2 friendly draw with Al-Ittihad this week.

The Coach experimented with the same system in training this morning, so it seems 2010 will at least temporarily shelve the diamond midfield.

It remains to be seen how another summer signing, trequartista Diego, will fit into the side.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I think he'll do some good performances before the end of the season, have the occasional shite one along the way. Then go to the World Cup, come back washed up. Repeat.
That's so depressing, but I think when he finally get himself together he won't have any drop in form again cause obviously this isn't a fitness issue as once he plays for Brazil (even during the time he was under-performing for Juve) he returns to that beast who would kill any team.

I just hope Im right for the sake of this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)