Felipe Melo (340 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
melo is a good boy, he love his team and even crying if team lost.. Bet he could play much much better.
He wasn't crying because the team lost, he cried because he was injured.

Anyways the fact that we overpaid for Melo isn't he's fault. Its the asshole who paid that sort of money in the summer.

Hope Melo will find he's form because now isn't the right time to pick on players we need every single one of them to give 100% to help out the team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Forza Melo. He will come thorugh; he just needs a break after playing non-stop and suffering niggling injuries. Also, a coach with a clue could aid his development and play him in his position.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I still have faith in him and in that holding role. But his confidence is shot and needs a carry up, so in the mean time I would play Poulsen in that role and play him in mommo's role until he regains his confidence and focus then we can move him there again.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Juve already prepared to sell Melo

Juventus are already considering selling their Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo with English side Arsenal in mind.

The 26-year-old has been a very expensive flop since his £18.5m transfer from Fiorentina in the summer which also included two players in exchange.

He was voted the worst signing of the year earlier this month and came to be substituted after just 32 minutes against Catania on Sunday.

Juventus are apparently keen to discover if the competition they faced from Arsenal for Melo in the summer was in fact true or just a cunning mind game played by Fiorentina director of sport Pantaleo Corvino.

La Gazzetta dello Sport understand Juventus would like to recoup as much of their initial investment as possible, but it's unlikely any team would take Melo in spite of his performances in the Confederations Cup during the summer.

Ciro Ferrara is reported to have wanted Udinese's ball-playing midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino only for the board to lose patience during negotiations and turn their attention to the much more expensive Melo, who is an anchor man like Momo Sissoko and Christian Poulsen.

Ferrara and Melo's relationship is now said to be like the weather in Italy, consistently sub zero, as demonstrated in the fact they didn't shake hands following his substitution on Sunday.

The former Almeria youngster then came out and complained that he is not a playmaker and shouldn't be played as such. It remains to be seen what action Juventus will take over the 17-day winter hiatus.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
selling him will be a mistake IMO.

if he were played properly he would of showed his worth.

he needs to play as one of the 4-2-3-1 DM, the only formation where playing sissoko and melo woud work IMO, also one of the only formations where we have performed well.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Isn't much of this Ciro's fault? Even Prandelli said yesterday that Melo is an amazing player but we're using him wrong. How the hell can a coach use a player wrong, Ciro is so clueless.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the exact words were
"I can say that I used to ask him simple things last year because he never used to take initiative. As for the rest, he certainly is not a play-maker,"

"With me he always knew how and when to move. He is a good player with good technique and discreet vision therefore he must know what to do when he has the ball."

i honestly do not think ferrara does ask too much from him, but rather just does not really give clear instructions what to do

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
the exact words were
"I can say that I used to ask him simple things last year because he never used to take initiative. As for the rest, he certainly is not a play-maker,"

"With me he always knew how and when to move. He is a good player with good technique and discreet vision therefore he must know what to do when he has the ball."

i honestly do not think ferrara does ask too much from him, but rather just does not really give clear instructions what to do
For me, it seems clear that Ciro isnt doing just that.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
He said it himself, loud and clear:

"The former Almeria youngster then came out and complained that he is not a playmaker and shouldn't be played as such."
And Zambrotta was a right midfielder, and Chiellini was a left back, and Pirlo was a trequartista, and Henry was a winger, and...

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
and some players have certain characteristics that let them play in different positions, melo had it too, he was a striker.
But that's the point. The question is not whether or not he has played as a playmaker, but whether he can play as a playmaker. IMO, he can, he has the technique and the vision. He just needs to cut the crap.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I'm on Melos side. How come he was brilliant at viola and crap with us? Even prandelli said he is played in wrong position.
He doesnt have right role and trying to do something which he can not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 340)