Felipe Melo (69 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
I wonder if things dont work out with him, will Wenger still be interested of Melo?

to be fair on the guy, some midfielders usually take time to settle

take essien for example, when he first joined chelsea he was crap in his first season, now he's arguably the best midfielder in the world. Lets see hoe Melo does under a new manager

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Stop blaming Melo for his performance! think about why both Melo and Zanetti are better with Prandelli.
Are you saying Zanetti is doing better for Fiorentina than he did for us?

That's odd. Last time I checked Cristiano had been one of our best & most consistent players for 3 seasons. Only hampered by regular injuries, which could still come back to haunt him.

I am extremely disappointed by Melo this entire season. I've ignored his mistakes earlier in the season hoping that he just needed some time to settle in, but now after a fair amount of games played I can give my honest opinion about this guy.

I'm sorry Melo, but if you STILL dont realise that you shouldn't fuck around on our own half after all those mistakes then you're a fucking moron. I just cant believe he isn't learning from his many mistakes. This part isn't Ferrara's fault, it's just Melo being a complete idiot. I usually dont go around insulting our players, but Melo deserves it. Yes, maybe he is used in the wrong way and his "playmaking" role just increases the risk of him making a bad pass, but that isn't an excuse for the way he's been screwing up in our own half. Seriously, every time Melo gets the ball I'm scared as hell he'll just give it away and the sad thing is that this has happened a lot. If this was Moli I would understand, because he has no talent, Melo on the other hand actually does have skills and a decent pass. It looks to me that the problem is in his head.

He might win over some fans with his "passion", but he has done shit to warrant a starting spot in this team, heck I would even prefer Tiago over him. I'm glad he isn't starting in our next game. He needs to be away from the pitch for a couple of games. Let him fight back to regain his spot.

Melo has unfortunately turned out to be a bad signing. I'm not even saying that he's a bad player, because when he's focused and playing his usual role he's a actually quite good. We've seen that at Fiorentina and Brazil. Our board just made the huge mistake of buying him when they failed to get D'Ago and using him the way they wanted to use the Italian. Major mistake there.
:tup:

Is Ferrara employing him in the wrong way? Maybe so, but that is no way an excuse for his lacklustre play. He plays & looks like he doesn't give a damn, except for when we score.

Everyone should start counting the amount of times in a game when, instead of running back to help out the defense, he just calmly walks or jogs back. Myself, I usually stop counting after 10.

He has received a tremendous amount of criticism in Italy, mostly people pointing out that he gives his all for the Brazilian NT and that he takes it easy in the Juve games. I'm beginning to agree with that sentiment.

Edit: Him still settling in might be a reason for his troubles. He wouldn't be the first one to have an extremely difficult first year with us, but the signs (lack of determination, sheer stupidity,...) don't look good at all.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i refuse to judge any player playing under ferrara it's plainly obvious why
The common consensus about his performances from the start of the season is that he was doing really well until about the last couple of months.

We had two huge games and I don't care if you had Peter Griffin as head coach, that still doesn't warrant the shit we've been seeing from him. I defended him in the Inter game where he was average. But, playing like that in a game where all the fight is needed is just unacceptable.

The guy leaves his man to just stroll through the middle of the park then to the box well his jogging. No concentration or fight whatsoever from except for one half tackle where he tried to get the fans up or something. This is a premier midfielder and hes being a whiny ass only because they've put in the bidone d'or or whatever that shit is. How weak is that.

I don't want to sell him but he needs to get his act together. We've been saying that for a while now and giving him a lot of slack. But in games like these I personally can't let it go.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I wonder if things dont work out with him, will Wenger still be interested of Melo?
My guess is yes but for faaaar much less :money: than what we paid for him. The minute we signed him i said Secco the dumpass guru screwed up once again.

But people (around here) felt offended when we said that he doesn't deserve that price.....

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Its easy to see why he is so bad in our jersey: as one of MANY players he is played out of position. He is no register and with his skills and his great shot, he should start further upfront. Ciro has to get that right.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i remember how everyone was on this guy's nuts when we were trying to sign him from viola.

just check the early pages of this thread if you doubt me

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i remember how everyone was on this guy's nuts when we were trying to sign him from viola.

so what? it was a great signing to make and the guy is quality...just needs to man the fuck up

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

True.

So I feel it's my duty to remind everyone that I wasn't that pleased when we signed him ;):

No need to sign this guy.
I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but he is the last thing we need right now, even more so when you consider the price tag.

It does feel like we rushed into this thing, and the "Viola" played this to their advantage, no 2 ways about it. He isn't worth 25m and I'd say Marchionni is worth a bit more than 4,5m. So from a financial point of view Secco (or whoever arranged the deal) should have done better.

What also keeps bothering me is the fact that this guy is nothing short of a card- magnet, and I think we already have enough of those.

Let's hope for the best though!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
so what? it was a great signing to make and the guy is quality...just needs to man the fuck up
I think it's a bit of bizarre hindsight to think that the people who signed Melo should have known he would turn into such crap for us. Therefore much of the blame really belongs with the player himself.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

You could say the same about Ciro thread, starting from page 53. And i am not saying any number here, go check it out if you dont believe.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think it's a bit of bizarre hindsight to think that the people who signed Melo should have known he would turn into such crap for us. Therefore much of the blame really belongs with the player himself.
Funny pattern though around here is that we blame the management for Ciro, we dont blame the coach for players performance? WTF is Ciro supposed to do anyhow then.

I seriously question Ciros abilities to improve the players in trainings, work on different aspects.

Melo f--ked up, but so did many others. Not just one player to pick at, so therefore i actually dont go all guns out on players this time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Sure, but there are many players who should step up. And thats where the coach comes in. If the players dont step up, coach will do something about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)