Felipe Melo (4 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Imagine how bad Dago would be with us!! If Melo, coming from a far superior team can hardly cope, Dago would be even worse than Almiron.

Good thing, we invested on a much younger and better prospect though, soon or later Melo will deliver and there will be always interest from other teams for him.

If only we were not overpaying that much...
Anyways, we will keep long enough to prove his value.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, I have seen him in action. In Spain, in Germany and now in Italy. I never said he was a great passer of the ball, but he is more than competent.

Once again, I'm not saying he has had a great time at Juve, because he clearly hasn't, but I try to be as objective as possible in terms of his qualities, both good & bad.
I would say Poulsen is a slightly better than average passer of the ball, but one could probably name 50 midfielders who distribute better than him. Don't ask me to take the time to do so though. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anyone thought his play is bad because of Ciro?

I'm not trying to bash Ferrara for every thing that happens, but I just expected much more from and he was 10 times better in Viola.

Maybe he's not giving him the right role?

May 22, 2007
Imagine how bad Dago would be with us!! If Melo, coming from a far superior team can hardly cope, Dago would be even worse than Almiron.
I know you're not serious, but it's weird that Melo was bought because he would play a similar role to D'Agostino. Quite worrying how one can look so much more composed under pressure (or not in some cases).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Anyone thought his play is bad because of Ciro?

I'm not trying to bash Ferrara for every thing that happens, but I just expected much more from and he was 10 times better in Viola.

Maybe he's not giving him the right role?
I don't think Melo's bad performance is entirely to be blamed on Ciro; however, I can blame Diego's bad display solely on Ciro. Diego is being given a role that he cannot do, almost always out of position.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't think Melo's bad performance is entirely to be blamed on Ciro; however, I can blame Diego's bad display solely on Ciro. Diego is being given a role that he cannot do, almost always out of position.
I refuse to believe he just choked this season. I'd like to see him with someone else. I think he'd prove his worth.

I agree about Diego, though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I once voiced a fear that Melo might flop to which you assured me he won't as he is proven in two top leagues. Don't you think he's heading towards a flop lately?

And based on what you said I felt more comfortable but somehow I feel it is not entirely his fault now. Something is extremely wrong to an extent that Poulsen is being seen as our best midfielder.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he can't be a flop if he is putting good performances her and there and scoring goals too (which were both beautiful)

he is just a little inconsistnet, plus he needs time to adapt to this whole regista part in a new team that is underperforming as a whole under a very inexperienced coach.

give him time people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)