Felipe Melo (344 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
So look out for the English translation to pop up later today.
And here it is:

Melo: 'Don't judge me on my price'

Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo says he is disappointed with his start to life in Turin and that he doesn't want to be judged on his price tag alone.

The Brazil international left Fiorentina in a £23m transfer in the summer, but some feel he is suffering from fatigue, as he didn't have a break in pre-season, having participated in the Confederations Cup.

Yesterday he was included on the list of candidates for Italy's Golden Bin awards, which commemorate the worst signings of the season.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Melo denied claims that he has been putting his country before his club.

“I only say that Felipe Melo is one person and that's it, and there isn't one for Brazil and another for Juve. And excuse me, but how can you make these arguments in November?

“If for example, you say this to get out how much Juventus have paid for me, then it really makes no sense even speaking about it. The price wasn't something that depended on me.

“What depends on me is repaying Juventus for the choice they have made focusing on me and I know that I will not betray this trust and no one will regret the investment they have made,” Melo concluded.

Football Italia
---------------

Forza Melo The Gladiator! :ultra:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Melo plays so good so far if we consider what happened for our other MC's. Momo, Marchisio, and Tiago is injured in several games. And Poulsen is still inconsistent and look lazy in several games. Although Melo had a little knock or injured, he even never get the chance to rest this season. Also he become the key for Brazil NT and play for their Qualifying WC, also Confederation Cup. He's by far our best MC so far this season. And after our squad all fully recovered and Marchi, Tiago, Momo can play again. We can rotate Melo so he can regain his full fitness then we can judge him, but i confident Melo will play better when our squad all fully recovered

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He was nothing special but comparing to Melo he was awful,in my opinion.
Melo is far better player.
Emerson was not awful at all!

Emerson was one of the best performers of Cappello's era. I'm not taking anything away from Melo, I think it's still early to compare Melo to Emerson.

But, I believe Melo will be better than Emerson if he can improve in certain areas like passing.

Physically, Melo is a beast while Emerson was somehow injury prone.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Emerson was not awful at all!

Emerson was one of the best performers of Cappello's era. I'm not taking anything away from Melo, I think it's still early to compare Melo to Emerson.

But, I believe Melo will be better than Emerson if he can improve in certain areas like passing.

Physically, Melo is a beast while Emerson was somehow injury prone.
:tup:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Melo has many qualities that Emerson lacked, but the latter was still invaluable for us. Melo could learn a thing or two, such as using his head more often.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
in terms of pure talent melo is miles ahead of emerson. on the other hand emerson knew what are his weaknesses and strenghts, something that melo needs to learn.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Good post especially about Amauri, btw isn't the bidone D'or supposed to follow the calender year, Melo spent half of that on great form at Fiorentina and he delivered with Brazil in the confed cup so him making that list doesn't make sense. Amauri might actually deserve a place on that list since he was horrid for the first half of 09 and pretty poor during this season
That award is a joke and not a serious award (like the main fool crown in fools day) and no one should get it serious. The last thing you should do is to search another player in our squad, who would deserve it more. At least i couldn't care less even if DP was nominated, since i don't have big respect for such award anyway. Emerson was a success with us, I adore such players like him and Cristiano Zanetti, who shows how intelligent game football actually is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 344)