Felipe Melo (20 Viewers)

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I agree. Not funny at all, though he did have moments on the pitch that made you love him. A part of me wants him back here, another part of me wants him gone.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think they will buy him but they won't pay the 13 M we want. In the end, we will probably settle for something round 8 million euros.
Yeah, we knew that this is going to be an unjustified capital loss, since May, thats why Melo felt so betrayed.
Inter used this tactic for over a decade, because Moratti always wanted a reason to spend more cash at his money laundry machine...
We did the same with many of the CMs and SSs awe sign every year, its just got more evident with this guy because he was our best midfielder and most often MoM...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, we knew that this is going to be an unjustified capital loss, since May, thats why Melo felt so betrayed.
Inter used this tactic for over a decade, because Moratti always wanted a reason to spend more cash at his money laundry machine...
We did the same with many of the CMs and SSs awe sign every year, its just got more evident with this guy because he was our best midfielder and most often MoM...
If we get what we want from him then sell, if not bring him back as backup and sell Pazienza. Melo could be of use, not as a starter though. If he comes back his place will be on the bench.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we get what we want from him then sell, if not bring him back as backup and sell Pazienza. Melo could be of use, not as a starter though. If he comes back his place will be on the bench.
We declined that option, in May, when Melo said that he loves Juve and would like to stay and win titles with us and would rather stay (even as a sub) and fight for a starters place (with Marchisio and Vidal)

With a couple of mil more as a salary, we could have kept him, instead of Piazenza and also avoid having to buy another quality CM for extra depth now.
But then we could not justify the acquisition of yet another CM for this transfer window.
The sole we gave him away, is to buy a new CM this summer and then a new CM now...

And in the summer, when we sell him for peanuts, we will buy a new CM again...
Typically Inter transfer strategy... in the mean time, we lose million upon millions for the CM and SS places, we only loan LBs worthy of 0.5mil...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We declined that option, in May, when Melo said that he loves Juve and would like to stay and win titles with us and would rather stay (even as a sub) and fight for a starters place (with Marchisio and Vidal)

With a couple of mil more as a salary, we could have kept him, instead of Piazenza and also avoid having to buy another quality CM for extra depth now.
But then we could not justify the acquisition of yet another CM for this transfer window.
The sole we gave him away, is to buy a new CM this summer and then a new CM now...

And in the summer, when we sell him for peanuts, we will buy a new CM again...
Typically Inter transfer strategy... in the mean time, we lose million upon millions for the CM and SS places, we only loan LBs worthy of 0.5mil...
The only thing I can think of was because we wanted to lower our wage bill and "maybe" get a good chunk of change for him. We overpaid for him, clearly but we can thank Secco for that. I don't recall him saying he would gladly stay here as a sub?

Maybe conte didn't want him?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The only thing I can think of was because we wanted to lower our wage bill and "maybe" get a good chunk of change for him. We overpaid for him, clearly but we can thank Secco for that. I don't recall him saying he would gladly stay here as a sub?

Maybe conte didn't want him?
Valid excuses and one more, Conte thought that we will find a good left winger in the end, a left sided Pepe.
Since Marotta can find quality, he brought quantity (3 LMs) unfortunately none was good enough to be a starter.

So that we had to adapt and field more CMs than we initially planned. Pirlo, Vidal were planned to be our starters, for a non CL season, one super sub, like Marchisio was enough and necessary in case on of those flopped. Marchisio was prefered to Melo, due to nationality and age.
2 cheap squad players for depth were more than enough a youngster and a free Italian one, to help our ItalJuve project were our choices.

I believe this is what they had in mind, the wrong priorities and rush decisions, led us here.
If we switch to a 4-3-3 with 3 real forwards and 3 CMs, we are going to need more quality options for CMs and SSs,
i m sure that we will not resist the urges to buy more CMs and SSs in this AND the next transfer window.
We did it when we had less excuses. And after happening for 13 consecutive times, we know that it was not just random, but pre-planned!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Valid excuses and one more, Conte thought that we will find a good left winger in the end, a left sided Pepe.
Since Marotta can find quality, he brought quantity (3 LMs) unfortunately none was good enough to be a starter.

So that we had to adapt and field more CMs than we initially planned. Pirlo, Vidal were planned to be our starters, for a non CL season, one super sub, like Marchisio was enough and necessary in case on of those flopped. Marchisio was prefered to Melo, due to nationality and age.
2 cheap squad players for depth were more than enough a youngster and a free Italian one, to help our ItalJuve project were our choices.

I believe this is what they had in mind, the wrong priorities and rush decisions, led us here.
If we switch to a 4-3-3 with 3 real forwards and 3 CMs, we are going to need more quality options for CMs and SSs,
i m sure that we will not resist the urges to buy more CMs and SSs in this AND the next transfer window.
We did it when we had less excuses. And after happening for 13 consecutive times, we know that it was not just random, but pre-planned!
I think the wingers were brought expecting to play a 424. When Conte realised that this team would be MUCH better with a 433 it sorta gave a sour taste in hindsight not needing so many wingers now. I don't think it was well thought out in summer but Conte knew what we wanted and now we have the ideal formation with some pretty good depth to change our tactics when needed so it worked out well in the end for us.

But, we have a lot of deadweight now over Secco's catastrophes that we need to clear out ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)