Felipe Melo (71 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've always hated Morganti but I don't like seeing that after numerous straight losses all our manager and the players are doing is attacking a referee. I'd rather here why 30 minutes into the game we were 2-0 down and what they plan to do about it.

Let's not scapegoat the refs, we wouldn't have won anyway.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I guess it's that type of back handed compliment that you just gave the player that may have influenced me in thinking that you don't rate melo.

To say a player has been one of our best performers, but then only give a 'we're probably a better team with him', and to then mention that we could get a cheaper alternative who's just as good, etc... well, those obviously aren't particularly good endorsements.

With all of the massive holes in our lineup, clearly this isn't one of the guys we should be looking to replace at the moment.

Also, didn't we start Giandonato (who received a red card) for one match during Melo's suspension? Or was that at another time? I can't remember off the top of my head... all of these poor performances tend to blend together. :D

I do know that our midfield wasn't particularly effective while Melo was out. He doesn't make everything perfect, but we certainly need him right now.

I guess the point I'm getting at, is that we need a type of 'all hands on deck' mentality; every little bit counts, there are way too many holes in this team for one man to make the entire difference - I can't imagine anybody honestly thinks that we're one player away from being up to Juventus' historically high standards (especially if he's a DM, a dirty work position).
:howler: now it's melo's fault

(i know thats not what you 'said' but same stretch as you interpreting melo's lack of positive impact in a game where we dominated, were unlucky and had the ref against us)
Why is everyone on my back all of a sudden? How difficult is it to just read my words, without interpreting them in some weird, self serving way?

People said we missed Melo a lot & that his return would automatically improve our play.
I said that, despite him having an overall good season, we didn't really miss him in those games he was suspended & that his return wouldn't change a thing.
And call me crazy, but that is still my opinion.

And Deneb, my posts were made long before the Palermo game (which I think you are referring to).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)