Felipe Melo (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
There's a nice article in La Stampa on Felipe Melo negociations.

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200907articoli/21417girata.asp

http://translate.google.com/transla...i/21417girata.asp&sl=it&tl=en&history_state0=

tl;dr:

nothing revolutionary. La Stampa thinks that inserting Marchionni and Grygera would lower Fiorentina's demands below 20 M.

Juve is supposedly ready to offer more for Melo than for D'Ago.

Melo would be happy to move to a bigger club, to win silverware and to earn more money (he "only earns 1,2 MEUR at Fio).

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004
We must thank god that we have Marchionni and Grygera and that they have Prandelli. And then we must thank God Prandelli is pscyho and that he likes those two....still. And that we have chance for part exchange. Any club with common sense would only accept 25m€ that Arsenal offers.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I'm liking this Mercato so far, especially if this deal goes through. But why on earth is Marchionni on a co-ownership? I want him gone, gone for good!
could be the lowest player ballot in calcio histoory

He'll probably be gone in a two stage departure. Half this year and half next year.
makes sense he has only played like half a man for the last 2 years, so makes sense they only buy half of a player and hope it is the good half

no you didn't:sergio:

Yeah but... Fuck Succo! :p
Butt Fuck Secco?:snoop:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know why you have the impression that we have a lot of cash to offer. Our board has always been reluctant to offer funds, and Arsene would have to sell quite a few players to raise 25M. We already spent 12M on Vermaelen, so that too makes me sceptical about the idea that we can offer more money.

More attractive players, we can offer. they want Eboue, and if Arsene is ready to give him up. I think then and only then would we stand a bigger chance of bagging the player.
Because;
- EPL teams generally have more income!
-You have wiser/exp/smarter managers than we do, who make a better/more efficient use of the same amount of cash.
-It is reported by the Fiorentina officials that the best offer they got was coming from Arsenal. And was higher than the 11mil pounds, we can currently afford.
-You can use better bargain chips-players, both talent wise and value wise Eboue is more valuable than Grygera for ex. And Fiorentina would prefer the Arsenal choice for the same amount of money.
-I also believe that Melo is a higher priority for Arsenal and they could spend more for him, but i am not sure about that.
-And finally because you did not spent the amount of money we did and you probably, still have more cash around, than us atm...
-We can raise more funds from sales, but you can raise even more.
EPL team are wealthy and they can afford to for average players, more than serie a teams. For ex, i dont think that would be the same problem for Man city or newcastle to buy a Marchionni for the full price of 5-5 mil, like it is the case with Fiorentina!
-Besides Arsenal are not bad sellers, unlike Secco, selling for decent sums, seems to be his greatest weakness. And Arsenal have better and more promising players to sell than we do. Must of the players we sell are washed up...

For those reasons, i believe that you can raise more money than us.
I m not sure that you would spend it on Melo though:wink:

Just out of curiosity, what are your priorities for this year?

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Because;
- EPL teams generally have more income!
-You have wiser/exp/smarter managers than we do, who make a better/more efficient use of the same amount of cash.
-It is reported by the Fiorentina officials that the best offer they got was coming from Arsenal. And was higher than the 11mil pounds, we can currently afford.
-You can use better bargain chips-players, both talent wise and value wise Eboue is more valuable than Grygera for ex. And Fiorentina would prefer the Arsenal choice for the same amount of money.
-I also believe that Melo is a higher priority for Arsenal and they could spend more for him, but i am not sure about that.
-And finally because you did not spent the amount of money we did and you probably, still have more cash around, than us atm...
-We can raise more funds from sales, but you can raise even more.
EPL team are wealthy and they can afford to for average players, more than serie a teams. For ex, i dont think that would be the same problem for Man city or newcastle to buy a Marchionni for the full price of 5-5 mil, like it is the case with Fiorentina!
-Besides Arsenal are not bad sellers, unlike Secco, selling for decent sums, seems to be his greatest weakness. And Arsenal have better and more promising players to sell than we do. Must of the players we sell are washed up...

For those reasons, i believe that you can raise more money than us.
I m not sure that you would spend it on Melo though:wink:

Just out of curiosity, what are your priorities for this year?
No we have better players but we don't want to sell them. Giovinco is twice greater (better) than Walcot, Or chiellini is much more better than gallas or that swiss guy who played for milan last season. And he have 4 strikers arsenal have 2.... so shut the fuck up :)

May 22, 2009
It is getting annoying now. I just want our new midfielder so the speculations can cool down a little bit. I looked forward for the meeting "today" and suddenly Corvino denied that there´s a meeting today. How about we fail to buy both D´Ago and Melo, then who is left to buy? Ledesma:(?

Apr 29, 2006
Who said we should buy anybody?
We definitely DO NOT lack midfield players that much. Maybe if we sell Tiago/Poulsen the story would be different - but that seems further than buying Melo so far...

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
What makes Melo so great? I'm not saying he's bad but I just wanna know what sort of player he is and what he means for our system of play becasue I'm sure he's not a pass master type midfielder (or are we not looking for that sort of player any more). I only saw him at confed cup and the 2 matches against the Viola

Mar 14, 2004

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No we have better players but we don't want to sell them. Giovinco is twice greater (better) than Walcot, Or chiellini is much more better than gallas or that swiss guy who played for milan last season. And he have 4 strikers arsenal have 2.... so shut the fuck up :)
Walcot better or not, can be sold for the same or more money, we would get for Giovinco. And i was referring mostly to the subs Arsenal have and they can afford to sale, without any loss to their first eleven. Surely we can sell Buffon and Amauri and make millions, but thats not the point here!

No one would pay good $ to buy Tiago, Marchionni, Molinaro, Grygera, Trezequet and Almiron
But they would rather spend more for Eboue, Senderos, van Persie, Nasri, Clichy and their Treze (Adebayor) They just have more talent to sell.
They can easily find teams, rich enough to spend more cash and they dont suck that much as Secco at selling players they dont need for decent prices.

If you cant see that through your Juve googles, that i cant help your bias...
No comment for the "shut the fuck up"
But i wonder about what do you mean about having 4 strikers??
Does this make us better than them? So what?
Thats not what we are debating here, i dont see your reason here (if any)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No one would pay good $ to buy Tiago, Marchionni, Molinaro, Grygera, Trezequet and Almiron
But they would rather spend more for Eboue, Senderos, van Persie, Nasri, Clichy and their Treze (Adebayor). They just have more talent to sell.
This is true, although the last sentence is debatable.
But it's true that they can sell their players for better money and i strongly believe that it has a lot to do with the popularity of the EPL among some other things.

Just look at Felipe Melo. 4-5 matches in the confederations cup made his price much higher than it would've been if he didn't play in South Africa. He was seen by everyone playing well for Brazil. He was great for Fiorentina, but still not many knew him and not many were willing to pay 20-25m for him.
Since the EPL is widely broadcasted, everyone follows it and since Arsenal were regulars in the CL in the last years, all their players are on everyone's radar, followed by coaches, scouts etc.
Juve were absent from Europe for 2 years, we were eliminated early from the CL, not many follow serie A anymore and even the Italian team is doing bad.
Denilson might not be a better player than Poulsen, and he isn't, but his market price will be higher than Poulsen's only for the reasons i mentioned.

It's like buying a 24 year old Shevchenko from Dinamo Kiev and buying a 24 year old Shevchenko from Milan. You'll surely pay much more if you buy him from Milan.
That's worrying. Playing in serie A (unless you're proven worldwide like Kaka) automathically means that you're cheaper than you'd have been if you played in the EPL.
It was opposite some 7-10 years ago. The better players in the EPL had the same, or even lower price as Di Vaio or the likes from serie A.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But it's true that they can sell their players for better money and i strongly believe that it has a lot to do with the popularity of the EPL among some other things.

Just look at Felipe Melo. 4-5 matches in the confederations cup made his price much higher than it would've been if he didn't play in South Africa. He was seen by everyone playing well for Brazil. He was great for Fiorentina, but still not many knew him and not many were willing to pay 20-25m for him.
Since the EPL is widely broadcasted, everyone follows it and since Arsenal were regulars in the CL in the last years, all their players are on everyone's radar, followed by coaches, scouts etc.
Juve were absent from Europe for 2 years, we were eliminated early from the CL, not many follow serie A anymore and even the Italian team is doing bad.
Denilson might not be a better player than Poulsen, and he isn't, but his market price will be higher than Poulsen's only for the reasons i mentioned.

It's like buying a 24 year old Shevchenko from Dinamo Kiev and buying a 24 year old Shevchenko from Milan. You'll surely pay much more if you buy him from Milan.
That's worrying. Playing in serie A (unless you're proven worldwide like Kaka) automathically means that you're cheaper than you'd have been if you played in the EPL.
It was opposite some 7-10 years ago. The better players in the EPL had the same, or even lower price as Di Vaio or the likes from serie A.
BULLSHIT

It's only because Secco is an abysmal seller (That's his new title by the way)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

That is a very good point, Alen.

BULLSHIT

It's only because Secco is an abysmal seller (That's his new title by the way)
But this is an even better point. :lol:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Precisely and i said earlier the wealthiest financial status of the smaller domestic teams! EPL player are naturally more overrated in the EPL and Italian players are rather more overrated in Italy. So if the smaller EPL teams have more cash to spend, they can help Arsenal to raise more cash, only for that!

Thats worrying but true! This is IMO one of the reasons the EPL
dominated the transfer market and through this, the European titles too. And it all started when they were really able their overrated players for insane amounts to other EPL teams.
And raise enough money, to buy everything they wish from other leagues!
Even the lower EPL teams can raise enough money because they have wealthiest fans who can provide it!

Unfortunately there is nothing we can to revert the situation.
We should adapt to modern times as best as we can and as fast as we can!
We depend too much on Italians (owners, players, other Italian teams)
We should start thinking big!

I would rather suggest dealing with medium size EPL clubs more.
They can pay more for Poulsen, Grygera, Zebina, Mellberg and Marchionnis, than most of the serie A teams can.
We should have accepted that deal for Zebina last year, we might not have that chance again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)