Feher is dead :(:(:( (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++Do you think football can do anything to prevent such things? I heard that in NFL, after Korey Stringer's death of heat-stroke, measures were taken for the players to be properly hydrated.
Hydration is easily battled. Heart conditions often go unnoticed, even the most modern techniques from America and Europe are unable to detect the smallest heart problems.

Until they hit, that is. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
I swedish player died on the field today during practise. It was in the lower series but it's tragic that it's accoured two death on two days

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
I swedish player died on the field today during practise. It was in the lower series but it's tragic that it's accoured two death on two days
was it because of heart?

damn, football starts to suck. images of feher were terrible. RIP both opf them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I haven't seen the images, and quite frankly, I don't want to.

When my brother-in-law, who is a big Benfica supporter, calls me and is crying while telling me this, I can only imagine the shock and horror.

And this man doesn't cry for anything. Made me cry just by hearing him so upset.

RIP, Feher, and tell MVF hello for us and that we miss him, too.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++

When my brother-in-law, who is a big Benfica supporter, calls me and is crying while telling me this, I can only imagine the shock and horror.
I never thought of it that way.

How do you guys think you'd react if a juve player died? Don't just say you'd be so sad and all that. Honestly, what would your initial reaction be? Would the world around you freeze? I guess we don't really know how attached we are to our players

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know how you have some memories blocked out in the back of your mind, and it takes something jarring to bring it back into the forefront?

Well, I just called my brother in law to ask him this question.

He and I went up to boston a couple of summers ago to watch a doubleheader with the New England Revolution and DC united in the first match, and the real highlight of the night, Benfica vs. a smaller division club from the Azores by the name of Santa Clara.

I asked him if he remembers Feher being there, and he said yes, as it was one of his first matches for Benfica. :down:

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Very sad night in football I would say. Tragic. Heart-breaking.

I was shocked when I saw the images in the news yesterday. He was smiling just before collapsing down. And watching his teammates and coach cry in despair while the whole stadium chant his name while he was laying down was just terrible.

The young lad was planning to get married soon from his fiance and now leaves here a 2 week old baby. He had a good life ahead of him but unfortunately this happens.

My sympathies go out to all Benfica and Hungary fans, Feher's family, friends and teammates.
Thanks..........

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I never thought of it that way.

How do you guys think you'd react if a juve player died? Don't just say you'd be so sad and all that. Honestly, what would your initial reaction be? Would the world around you freeze? I guess we don't really know how attached we are to our players
I think, i would feel the same as now! First when I heard it in the radio, my brain just disn't want to get it! It needed some minutes to know what really has happened. Then I felt my heart was broken. I cried a lot and still don't want to believe it. Now I feel emptiness......... I can't find better words to describe it.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Thats awfully sad. :down:
People do die everyday but I think it's more profound in sports due to the fact that it is broadcasted live & infront of thousands of spectators.
RIP Feher

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
Thats awfully sad. :down:
People do die everyday but I think it's more profound in sports due to the fact that it is broadcasted live & infront of thousands of spectators.
RIP Feher
i know and esp when u dont excpect it at all the player is always fit and capable its shocking to see him just fall and die!

Aug 1, 2003
Miklós Fehér's death has shocked football followers in Portugal and Hungary (©empics)

Sad farewell to Fehér
Monday, 26 January 2004
It was a day of mourning in Portugal and Hungary after the death aged 24 of SL Benfica's Hungarian international striker Miklós Fehér.

Unexpected tragedy
Fehér collapsed during Sunday night's televised Portuguese SuperLiga game against Vitória SC in Guimarães. He was seen smiling at the referee after being cautioned, leaning over then slumping on to the pitch. He had suffered a heart attack in the closing minutes of the match. He was carried from the field in an ambulance and club doctors made attempts to revive him. He later died in hospital.

Glowing tributes
Head of the Hungarian Football Federation, Imre Bozóky, led the tributes. "The whole country is in deep sadness. He was always a silent and modest player and quickly became an example to young Hungarian footballers," Bozóky said. "He had ambitions to go as far as he could, and was on his way to becoming a top European player. It is a loss to the Hungarian football family." A memorial service was held next to the Ferenc Puskás stadium in Budapest.

Bright prospect
Born on 20 July 1979, Fehér's short career began in Hungary with Györi ETO FC when he was 17. He quickly made the Hungarian youth team, and played in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship.

International highlight
Known to have an eye for goal, he moved to Portugal to join FC Porto and then Benfica. At international level he also showed promise, scoring seven times in 25 appearances. A memorable moment was a hat-trick against Lithuania in a FIFA World Cup qualifier in October 2000. Considered one of his country's finest young talents, he had started to find consistency at Benfica following loan spells at SC Salgueiros and SC Braga during his time with Porto.

'Black night'
The magnitude of events was not lost in Portugal. President of the Portuguese Football Federation, Dr Gilberto Madaíl, called it a "black night", while Benfica's head of communications, António Cunha Vaz, said all of Benfica was "in mourning" and "deeply shocked".

Deep significance
Imre Gellei, the former Hungary coach, who realised more than most Fehér's potential, pointed to the significance of such tragic events. "If someone dies on the field it means he has become a martyr of sport." Fehér's death follows the passing of Cameroon's Marc-Vivien Foé in similar circumstances in June 2003.

------

for those who have not seen feher's collapsing video, I would advise do not. it is truly heart breaking, trust me on this.

I saw the tribute they made for him, and I really pitied his fiance and the baby. They (Feher and his fiance) were supposed to get married in June.

RIP Feher.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Yeah, I dont want him to die, I just awnt him to get sold... we wouldnt get any money if he were to die...
This isn't a very tasteful discussion, but yes, Juve would pick up a considerable amount in insurance money.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
if anything lie this would happen to any of our players...
i would die!!!!!!!!

i am veeery sorry about him,
about his family,
his team,
his friends....

rest in peace Feher.... :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)