Federico Peluso (131 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I said that before but let me explain.
I do have a sweet spot for LBs, the R Carlos, Lizarazus, Maldinis etc.
We at Juve have had decades of great options there and not only there, but the whole defence, from the Thuram to Zambro.
And each and every of our windbacks, were defenders at first, they all knew how to tackle.
This has added a lot to the defensive solidarity, this may not bring the best out of spectacle, but as i know very well, it does brings the results.
It is not by coincidence, that it is said that the attackers wind, the games, the fans and ladies, but it is the defenders who win the championship.

Ever since we have been failing, from our Secco days, it was imo, because of our horrible defender material.
What was once used to be our strength, what made us compete with the best teams out there, like RM and beat them, has become our greatest weakness.

It is mostly because of the rise of the Spain football, which had many fancy dribbling andcompromises defensive solidarity for the spectacle.
Global football was deeply affected, esp by the galacticos and todays Barca.

Italian football became the symbol of the ugly football, because of the prgmatism that has sacrificed spectacle for the reason and we were on the top of it, as the prime champion!
But that was us and as long time Juve fan, i grew up with these standards, i grew up admiring our possession, football, strict lines and defensive solidarity.

Unfortunately a whole crop of Italian boys of my age didnt.
They have fallen for the dribblin, most of them wanted to become the new Zidannes and none wanted to become the new Canna.
So there is a great abundance of talents in ACMs and SSs, most of them right footed.
Whats hard to find is left footed and skilled defenders.
The combination of this makes a Juve material LB.

Unfortunately young Italian CBs become the players who have a strong built, height and thats about it (Bonucci) zero tactical awareness, zero skills with the ball, zero tackle skills, zero anticipation skills etc and the little things that the great Italian CBs have always mastered.

For the LB, the underaappreciated LB position, the requirement is now stamina and thats about it, a good athlet but braindead (football wise) athlet like Molinaro, who is a great field runner, but horrible at everything related to football.
Defending including...

This lack of quality left side and defence options is reflected upon the NT, ever since Canna and Zambro left the NT, all we had was Chiellini.

Due to Moggi, we had some of the best Italian players for that position though, Zambro, then Chiellini, Then Balza and finally DC
Criminal mistakes were made so that we would end up with starters like Grosso and Molinaro.

But ever since and considering the ItalJuve project was a priority, i have meticulously searched for decent Italian alternatives we could have signed, all the while hoping that we would end the ItalJuve project and sign a Kolarov and a Licht.

Apart from the 2 Inter boys and 2-3 other alternatives, (Balza including, what a mistake it was to give him away for nothing as i so said) i have reached in the conclusion that there are none!
So did the NT coaches, by having a hard time to find a proper solution for there and employ Grosso...

Peluso was one of the candidades i ve checkes, way before our interested on him.
I believe him to be yet another one of this failed Italian defender crap generation, with his only strenght being his stamina.
He has horrible positioning, tackle, tactical awareness, anticipation or any other thing i was searching for in a LB.
IMO, if there wasnt such huge crisis on Italian LBs, he would be playing in serie B and Atalanta, material wise, is not far from the pre-calciopoli serie B standards...

Such a player should never wear our jersey, he is a straight downgrade to DC, heck even Balza.

This is my opinion on the subject, it remains to be seen if history will proove me right again (as it did with Molinaro, Grosso and Zeglier) or not...

This post intents to clear my sincere stance on the matter and inform anyone who cares about the topic and the views of a Juve fan who watches this team and Italian football for nearly 2 decades.
It is not mandatory for anyone to read this post, you can just skip it if you are not interested, WITHOUT derailing the thread with silly pics and personal flame.
This is just my opinion and the arguments behind it, feel free to discuss or ask me to elaborate evetything on the matter.

And hopefully this will explain to a certain mod, who is a declared hater of mine, that i do not troll, this is my sincere opinion and i have concret reasons behind it!
excellent post like always, cronios. 10/10 woould read again. i disagree with you when you said above that history will prove you right, but i see where you are coming from. don't late the haters ever stop you from posting, brother :tup:

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
I said that before but let me explain.
I do have a sweet spot for LBs, the R Carlos, Lizarazus, Maldinis etc.
We at Juve have had decades of great options there and not only there, but the whole defence, from the Thuram to Zambro.
And each and every of our windbacks, were defenders at first, they all knew how to tackle.
This has added a lot to the defensive solidarity, this may not bring the best out of spectacle, but as i know very well, it does brings the results.
It is not by coincidence, that it is said that the attackers wind, the games, the fans and ladies, but it is the defenders who win the championship.

Ever since we have been failing, from our Secco days, it was imo, because of our horrible defender material.
What was once used to be our strength, what made us compete with the best teams out there, like RM and beat them, has become our greatest weakness.

It is mostly because of the rise of the Spain football, which had many fancy dribbling andcompromises defensive solidarity for the spectacle.
Global football was deeply affected, esp by the galacticos and todays Barca.

Italian football became the symbol of the ugly football, because of the prgmatism that has sacrificed spectacle for the reason and we were on the top of it, as the prime champion!
But that was us and as long time Juve fan, i grew up with these standards, i grew up admiring our possession, football, strict lines and defensive solidarity.

Unfortunately a whole crop of Italian boys of my age didnt.
They have fallen for the dribblin, most of them wanted to become the new Zidannes and none wanted to become the new Canna.
So there is a great abundance of talents in ACMs and SSs, most of them right footed.
Whats hard to find is left footed and skilled defenders.
The combination of this makes a Juve material LB.

Unfortunately young Italian CBs become the players who have a strong built, height and thats about it (Bonucci) zero tactical awareness, zero skills with the ball, zero tackle skills, zero anticipation skills etc and the little things that the great Italian CBs have always mastered.

For the LB, the underaappreciated LB position, the requirement is now stamina and thats about it, a good athlet but braindead (football wise) athlet like Molinaro, who is a great field runner, but horrible at everything related to football.
Defending including...

This lack of quality left side and defence options is reflected upon the NT, ever since Canna and Zambro left the NT, all we had was Chiellini.

Due to Moggi, we had some of the best Italian players for that position though, Zambro, then Chiellini, Then Balza and finally DC
Criminal mistakes were made so that we would end up with starters like Grosso and Molinaro.

But ever since and considering the ItalJuve project was a priority, i have meticulously searched for decent Italian alternatives we could have signed, all the while hoping that we would end the ItalJuve project and sign a Kolarov and a Licht.

Apart from the 2 Inter boys and 2-3 other alternatives, (Balza including, what a mistake it was to give him away for nothing as i so said) i have reached in the conclusion that there are none!
So did the NT coaches, by having a hard time to find a proper solution for there and employ Grosso...

Peluso was one of the candidades i ve checkes, way before our interested on him.
I believe him to be yet another one of this failed Italian defender crap generation, with his only strenght being his stamina.
He has horrible positioning, tackle, tactical awareness, anticipation or any other thing i was searching for in a LB.
IMO, if there wasnt such huge crisis on Italian LBs, he would be playing in serie B and Atalanta, material wise, is not far from the pre-calciopoli serie B standards...

Such a player should never wear our jersey, he is a straight downgrade to DC, heck even Balza.

This is my opinion on the subject, it remains to be seen if history will proove me right again (as it did with Molinaro, Grosso and Zeglier) or not...

This post intents to clear my sincere stance on the matter and inform anyone who cares about the topic and the views of a Juve fan who watches this team and Italian football for nearly 2 decades.
It is not mandatory for anyone to read this post, you can just skip it if you are not interested, WITHOUT derailing the thread with silly pics and personal flame.
This is just my opinion and the arguments behind it, feel free to discuss or ask me to elaborate evetything on the matter.

And hopefully this will explain to a certain mod, who is a declared hater of mine, that i do not troll, this is my sincere opinion and i have concret reasons behind it!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Any idea about the wages? 4,5 is a long fucking contract, by the time Buffon puts down the gloves this guy may still be on our wage list.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
O well, welcome aboard, hopefully you will not end up like Zeglier, we should make a poll about him in his thread, to see who thinks if he is better than DC and
then by the end of the season we will see later who actually knows him and who does not...

May 22, 2007
I remember the game in Bergamo last winter when he was getting in the face of a few of our players, I think it was Giaccherini and Vidal, for possibly diving around a bit much for his liking. Must have been a fun welcome for him.

Padoin :touched:

Jul 1, 2010
O well, welcome aboard, hopefully you will not end up like Zeglier, we should make a poll about him in his thread, to see who thinks if he is better than DC and
then by the end of the season we will see later who actually knows him and who does not...
I know that he's worth more than the Greek economy.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I remember the game in Bergamo last winter when he was getting in the face of a few of our players, I think it was Giaccherini and Vidal, for possibly diving around a bit much for his liking. Must have been a fun welcome for him.

Padoin :touched:

Lichtsteiner was the worst when we played Lazio. How I hated him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)