Federico Mattiello* (4 Viewers)

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Horrible injury, the first thing that came to my mind was Luis Montes' injury, right before the WC, he just came back around a month ago.

I hope Juve can take care of him medically, he'd be better with us, hopefully his recovery goes well and he comes back stronger.

Such a shame, the kid did well for us the few times we gave him a chance. And it was looking like he has been developing pretty well with Chievo.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Freak accident, such a shame something like that to happen to a young player in his developing stages. Puts a stump towards his bright career, hopefully he can bounce back from something like that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juventino[RUS];4843354 said:
Frattura di tibia e perone per Mattiello. Seconda volta in carriera.

Second time????

Out of football for 6-8 months atleast :sergio:
For someone who's career just started, this is sad, very sad.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Such a shame. It's so rare to see a talent from our own youth being a starter in Serie A at such a young age and now this in the middle of when he was about to establish himself for the rest of the season as RB at Chievo. The year should be over for him, hopefully 2016 will be the year of his breakthrough.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hope someone stabs naingolan in the eyeballs
Mattiello clearly fouled Nainggolan, not the other way around..

Its not technically a bad tackle, its more of a very ufortunate sitaution, both of them went in hard for the ball, and both of them pretty much got part of it, its just a tragic accident that the kid got his leg stuck in dangerous angle.

But the sitaution itself, if he hadnt got stuck between Nainggolans leg in such awkward angle ( the tempo and force of it made it worse), I'm pretty sure the ref would prolly given freekick to Nainggolan, since Mattiello was one standing and coming in more dangerous angle and slightly later on the challenge.
First off, the injury is horrific. No one deserves such a thing and at that age it is a shame. It was also a freak accident and I think no one can really be blamed for it. I do think think that Mattiello used poor judgment. He came in at a dangerous angle, while Nainggolan made a completely normal tackle. If anything, Mattiello contributed to his own injury.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Mattiello clearly fouled Nainggolan, not the other way around..

First off, the injury is horrific. No one deserves such a thing and at that age it is a shame. It was also a freak accident and I think no one can really be blamed for it. I do think think that Mattiello used poor judgment. He came in at a dangerous angle, while Nainggolan made a completely normal tackle. If anything, Mattiello contributed to his own injury.
Nainggolan could have avoided that Andries. He could have also tackled without having to raise his feet much above the ground.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hope someone stabs naingolan in the eyeballs
Nainggolan could have avoided that Andries. He could have also tackled without having to raise his feet much above the ground.
Come on, Rab. That is in no way a foul by Nainggolan. Even the ref, under tremendous pressure as he has just seen how the other guy broke his leg, didn't book him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Come on, Rab. That is in no way a foul by Nainggolan. Even the ref, under tremendous pressure as he has just seen how the other guy broke his leg, didn't book him.
Federico's only mistake is that he didn't cover the ball with his body well, he was exposed face to face with Naingolan's tackle, an experienced player would have given his back and most probably avoided horrible injury, that said, Nainggolan knew he was little bit too late to tackle yet he went for the tackle even if the tackle itself wasn't that bad. It's the timing and a terrible decision to not go for lower tackle when Federico was closer to the ball than him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Federico's only mistake is that he didn't cover the ball with his body well, he was exposed face to face with Naingolan's tackle, an experienced player would have given his back and most probably avoided horrible injury, that said, Nainggolan knew he was little bit too late to tackle yet he went for the tackle even if the tackle itself wasn't that bad. It's the timing and a terrible decision to not go for lower tackle when Federico was closer to the ball than him.

I disagree entirely. The only one who went in dangerously was Mattiello. One of the replays actually shows this really well. Nainggolan went in with the inside of his foot. If you really look at Nainggolan's tackle, you'll notice that it is very clean.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I disagree entirely. The only one who went in dangerously was Mattiello. One of the replays actually shows this really well. Nainggolan went in with the inside of his foot. If you really look at Nainggolan's tackle, you'll notice that it is very clean.
I doubt there would be any broken leg if he really went inside of his foot.

However, in this picture you can see how he went for the tackle with his foot up, what I was trying to say is that since it was pretty too late decision and Federico was closer to the ball Naing should have went softer with his foot stretched to the ground.

I agree with you it wasn't that harsh, but it was a clear foul that could have been avoided.

Attachments

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's shielding the ball with the inside of his foot. If you look at the replay he tries to block the ball with the INSIDE of his foot. I don't think it's a foul at all.

On the other hand I do think Mattiello came in recklessly and DID commit a foul.

To be honest the difference between both players is probably Nainggolan's experience and the fact he's just a lot stronger physically.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He's shielding the ball with the inside of his foot. If you look at the replay he tries to block the ball with the INSIDE of his foot. I don't think it's a foul at all.

On the other hand I do think Mattiello came in recklessly and DID commit a foul.

To be honest the difference between both players is probably Nainggolan's experience and the fact he's just a lot stronger physically.
Obviously, not sure though if he did commit a foul, it's 50-50 from Federico's part I'd say.

Btw, don't you think Nainggolan could have won the ball without the tackle if he's physically stronger (and I agree he is much stronger)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)