Federico Mattiello* (2 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he cant be. Pogba is getting to be captain after Marchisio and this lad is only 2 years younger. since Pogba is gonna play until hes 45 this guy has no chance to ever be (1st choice) captain

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He is, he has good size as well, which coaches always appreciate in the modern game.
I really like that Allegri plays youngsters. Was evident at Milan, when he put faith in players like De Sciglio, El Shaarawy and Niang (lol)...also gave a debut to the likes of Petagna and Cristante if I'm not mistaken. Already a good sign that he's already used the likes of Coman and Mattiello, and has said recently that he wouldn't be afraid to use Romagna as an emergency CB if need be.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I really like that Allegri plays youngsters. Was evident at Milan, when he put faith in players like De Sciglio, El Shaarawy and Niang (lol)...also gave a debut to the likes of Petagna and Cristante if I'm not mistaken. Already a good sign that he's already used the likes of Coman and Mattiello, and has said recently that he wouldn't be afraid to use Romagna as an emergency CB if need be.
Interesting he should say that. Romagna is nearly as highly rated as Rugani was at the same stage, from what I have seen. Good players but also leaders at a young age.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Interesting he should say that. Romagna is nearly as highly rated as Rugani was at the same stage, from what I have seen. Good players but also leaders at a young age.
Yeah I've heard good things about him as well. Here are the quotes from him regarding Romagna

On the many injuries in the defense: “I’ve always have the youngster Romagna. He’s good and he’ll be fielded if necessary. The age doesn’t matter too much if there is quality. A youngster doesn’t affect the team, the veterans must make things work and put the player in the best condition.”
- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Allegri and his youth oriented approach, I found his comments on the current malaise of Italian Football very interesting

“The problem lays almost entirely in the youth sector, where there few adequate teachers, there are tactic maniacs, it’s nonsense with the kids. For instance, I’d abolish the zone until the U-17: we’d have better defenders in the one on one and more courageous, confident and refined players with the ball on their feet. I often see coaches that ask the kids for precise schemes and movements while playing in a reduced pitch, 9 v 9: it’s absurd! In Germany, they pick the best players from the technical standpoint in the youth national teams and they make them grow together, focusing on the quality, at least until a certain age. Here, the choices are made exclusively based on a certain idea of game. They call up a player if he can do a certain job.
Sounds like something Conte would do :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)