Federico Gatti (22 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Reminds me of a young Chiello.

That guy was a clumsy can't make a simple pass motherfucker.

Became a Juve legend. Just saying.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Reminds me of a young Chiello.

That guy was a clumsy can't make a simple pass motherfucker.

Became a Juve legend. Just saying.
You remember that situation yesterday when a rather short Sassuolo attacker got a free header because Gatti completely misjudged where the cross will end?

Yeah, that's something Chiellini never did, because he had excellent orientation. There is much more to a quality defender than aggressiveness and passion. I don't mind Gatti's wrong passes. It's not his job to send accurate passes and long balls and I blame Allegri and the mids that Gatti was put in a situation to pass and cross. But positioning in the box has to be at top level for a CB. Gatti's positioning is below average.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
young chiellini was hopeless, clumsy, not technical, pretty reckless too. considering this is gatti's first season at this level, he's doing fine and certainly not worse than chiellini did as a left back. back in the days nobody expected chiellini to become a world class centre back.

gatti is surely unpolished, nobody knows what he'll become within the next few years

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What do you guys mean by "young Chiellini"?
Gatti will be 25 in two months. Chiellini was that age in June 2009 and at that point he was already considered a great CB.

Anyway, I can't find a video with all Gatti's mistakes in positioning, but this video of his performance vs Monza shows what I mind about him. Watch the second half from 1:10 and you'll get an idea what I'm saying.

He seems not to have a great idea what's happening around him and where can the opponent attack from. Yes, that might be due to inexperience, but it's worrying.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Gatti will be 25 in two months. Chiellini was that age in June 2009 and at that point he was already considered a great CB.

Anyway, I can't find a video with all Gatti's mistakes in positioning, but this video of his performance vs Monza shows what I mind about him. Watch the second half from 1:10 and you'll get an idea what I'm saying.

He seems not to have a great idea what's happening around him and where can the opponent attack from. Yes, that might be due to inexperience, but it's worrying.
And you know what i like about Gatti? He is always quick to understand his mistakes and improves himself from it his recent performances he's never put a foot wrong positionally which is more than what can be said about veterans such as bonucci who keep repeating the same errors

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

One day he's Nesta, one day he's Chiellini. He's even better than prime Bonucci :lol:

He might be late bloomer but I agree with you that so far I'm not convinced with his potential as top CB

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's not really surprising though is it for a defender who has jumped a division every season for the last 5 years, and the last jump being to Juventus from B.
also that match was by far his worse this season (just like for di maria, and we don't rate him based on that no-show)

i get that we lost patience, and at the same time we demand iling to be played. we're eager for some freshness, but we give up on inexperienced players the first time they play a shit match. it would be easier for everyone (i mean player, coach, fans) to give them opportunity in a functioning team but it won't happen anytime soon

out of our current squad, paredes, rabiot, cuadrado, sandro, danilo, rugani, bonucci surely won't get any better on the long run, and only rabiot and danilo could cut it on the long run. pogba's recovery looks like an endless dead end. as for the rest, i try to stay reserved even though it's easier said than done

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Can I say though when he was making runs up the pitch it really reminded me of when we would be doing fuck all in attack and Chiellini would decide to just marque and try to be our attacking threat.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I didnt see what he did wrong besides that two missed headers - what was it?
He had at least one or two "could have been" where he doesn't track people around him as follow the ball instead. It happens every game but he has been fortunate thus far. He also lost the duel against Defrel when Perin made an incredible save.

To his credit, most defenders these days do this. Seems like you learn to position yourselves towards dangerous areas depending on where the ball is rather than tracking your surrounding. It's not just him, I see it in most games. Do you remember against Sporting when Perin went bananas on him? That was on of those occasions. I am hoping he learns with experience that positioning is important but he also needs to stick close to opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)