Federico Chiesa (30 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Wouldnt say he looks excited

Would you if probably had to deal with Weston's gibberish the entire ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I understand had a significant injury and might never be the same but HTF do you even think of prioritizing Chiesa going when so much crap still here.

Just read this .....
De Paola suggests Allegri is a reason players are struggling at Juventus
The journalist said via Tuttomercatoweb:
“Because of Allegri, the club finds itself with a flood of players to sell, first and foremost Chiesa and Vlahovic, who don’t adapt to his style of play

Screw the players not adapting to Max, get a manager who can adapt arguably to your best two offensive weapons presently or at least the ones we all expected to have the most upside. Max wants 12 defensive first players who can eke out 1-0 wins.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Don't know how legit juvefc.com is .... but reading this headline ....
Should Juventus sell Chiesa for tactical reasons?

How well did that work out getting rid of Dybala? I wasn't against letting him go but WTF Max needs to be handed specific system players to be successful? Okay maybe Euro soccer different but how many times I see US sport coaches tweak their system a bit to cater to the strengths of the players at their disposal.

Reading Kessie offered 7M and wants no part of Juve and Guintoli making special trip to England to get Lukaka to join team? Right now I would take #10 back in a heartbeat and send Max on his way. Without question Max was very successful in first stint at Juve but appears to be a one-trick pony manager on way to win. He gets one of the best scorers in Serie A and can't figure it out to score goals..

ENOUGH OF THE BS EXCUSES MAX!!!

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The fact one of our most talented players in years is being linked to clubs like Aston Villa, Newcastle and Clubs from Saudi Arabia proves how dead football is now.
Yup, the financial situation is completely out of hand and the whole thing is awful.

We absolutely played our part in shaping the way it is now (bankrolled by agnelli family, Tamoil deal, Buffon transfer fee etc) but (on the professional level) it's a game that's completely unrecognisable to the one I grew up loving in the 90s.

Professional football is dead. The real sport still lives via playing 5s with your mates, kick abouts with your children or nieces and nephews or going to see your friend's team play in their 11-a-side amateur league.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yup, the financial situation is completely out of hand and the whole thing is awful.

We absolutely played our part in shaping the way it is now (bankrolled by agnelli family, Tamoil deal, Buffon transfer fee etc) but (on the professional level) it's a game that's completely unrecognisable to the one I grew up loving in the 90s.

Professional football is dead. The real sport still lives via playing 5s with your mates, kick abouts with your children or nieces and nephews or going to see your friend's team play in their 11-a-side amateur league.
To sum it up, I'd say taking football seriously is very quickly getting old. More like a dinosaur-thing.

The experience of going to a full stadium and supporting a winning team is fun and still embraced by youth - but apart from that, it doesn't make much sense anymore in following it religiously from somewhere far away. From the occidental pov, it is.

It's definitely not that relevant anymore, either from an entertainment pov (takes too long, it's actually boring if it isn't in packed stadiums) or from an identity pov (money really, really took over the whole thing and players and agents are filthy rich, further dettaching them from us, average joes).

It's mainly an old habit that resists dying for us old heads. I'd say a forum like this has its days counted too. :(

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
To sum it up, I'd say taking football seriously is very quickly getting old. More like a dinosaur-thing.

The experience of going to a full stadium and supporting a winning team is fun and still embraced by youth - but apart from that, it doesn't make much sense anymore in following it religiously from somewhere far away. From the occidental pov, it is.

It's definitely not that relevant anymore, either from an entertainment pov (takes too long, it's actually boring if it isn't in packed stadiums) or from an identity pov (money really, really took over the whole thing and players and agents are filthy rich, further dettaching them from us, average joes).

It's mainly an old habit that resists dying for us old heads. I'd say a forum like this has its days counted too. :(
This is an interesting take. Good post.

This was the rationale behind the Super League, right? That professional football needed to change if it was going to survive?

I say that it's long since dead, which is kinda what I got from your take. The bubble its in should have burst 15 years ago but somehow it's still growing. How do you think it'll play out int he next 10/20 years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)