Federico Chiesa (34 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not really, if you miss that shot when you get the ball coming to you straight or rolling, its a bad miss. But it was with a heavy bounce, came in wrong time with high speed and hit his shin. Fairly understandable miss even if you can do better.
The thing with that kind of ball to the far post is that often you don't see it through players or how it's going to bounce until late and you have no time to adjust.

You'd expect most professionals would be able to stick that into the net with a clear view but we only see the play from the tv network viewpoint, so it always looks easier.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It was a bad miss that he didn't score that ball.

He was the best attacking player though. Created clear chances that should have also been converted and overall always looked to attack the goal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he's got everything needed to be a mermorable world class player:

cool name? check
cool number? check
not hamsum but not uggo either? check

yeah. he is set up for success

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Another shitty signing.

Thank you Fabio.
Lol, this is an excellent signing and Fabio has been point this summer. Even if i wanted to hate on him before.

He wasn't shit against Poland at all. Not sharp but not warranting the reactions here either.

Chiesa may still be a bit rough around the edges but I am very confident the player he could/should be polished into won't be forgotten here anytime soon.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Lol, this is an excellent signing and Fabio has been point this summer. Even if i wanted to hate on him before.

He wasn't shit against Poland at all. Not sharp but not warranting the reactions here either.

Chiesa may still be a bit rough around the edges but I am very confident the player he could/should be polished into won't be forgotten here anytime soon.
I am clearly biased when it comes to italian attacking players. I don't like the price either. I guess I was hoping for a star player but we didn't get any so it's disappointing.

Regarding Fabio being on point... Idk man. That midfield just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

I hope I'm proven wrong tho.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Just like Bernardeschi, Chiesa is a poor finisher.

BUT...... Chiesa has a brain. He is actually a creative outlet for our forwards. I see him combining well with Ronaldo, Dybala Kulusevski and Ramsey.
Berna is a black hole who annihilates all our attacks from existence.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Chiesa's ability to create space for himself to cross/ pass or go from an almost standing start to flick the ball past his defender and outrun him are things Bernardeschi does not possess.

He doesn't look the fanciest dribbler but he's got pace and is clever in how/ when he uses it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, it's exciting to actually have some raw pace on the team, which is something Juve has lacked for a long time.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
CR7 says hello but I get your point. Even when he replace a guy name Flash
The problem with "Flash" is that he's like a jet car after a couple of races it requires weeks of maintenance.

I'd rather have a player with less pace greater stamina who is available week in week out for 90 mins/game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, it's exciting to actually have some raw pace on the team, which is something Juve has lacked for a long time.
Yeah pretty much, I think he will suprise ALOT of negative Juve fans in coming seasons with us. He is all energy, pace, dribbling and direct creating chances for others. I read a stat that said in last 4 seasons in Serie A, Chiesa has the most completed dribbles, at 550. He doesnt look fancy doing it so people dont take notice as much, but he easily beats his man and just bursts through as a routine in high quantity. And allways looks to create for others unless when he is cutting in. He is not someone who dwaddles on the ball too long.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah pretty much, I think he will suprise ALOT of negative Juve fans in coming seasons with us. He is all energy, pace, dribbling and direct creating chances for others. I read a stat that said in last 4 seasons in Serie A, Chiesa has the most completed dribbles, at 550. He doesnt look fancy doing it so people dont take notice as much, but he easily beats his man and just bursts through as a routine in high quantity. And allways looks to create for others unless when he is cutting in. He is not someone who dwaddles on the ball too long.
People have mentioned Cristiano and Flash in response to my comment, but DC is injured 90% of the season and while Cristiano is still fast, he's lost a step in terms of running with the ball. You don't see him put the ball past a defender and beat them on raw pace in the same way that Chiesa does (at least not with the same regularity).

The way Chiesa plays kind of reminds me of Son Heung-Min, in terms of directness of play and always being willing to run straight at defenders as soon as he gets the ball. That's something we've lacked from our wide players in recent years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)