Federico Chiesa (49 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sprinting and flicking works better as a winger though. Which is what he is
that's the criminal part of his season

for the first few games he played on the flank, pretty close to the sideline. if you check his heatmap vs udinese, you'd never guess it was a 3-5-2. against cagliari or atalanta though, all over the place, zero effectiveness. i wish we could see him regularly as a winger in either a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. fuck, even a 4-2-3-1 would do, i can see loca + rabiot doing all right in a mostly defensive double pivot, that's what they're doing anyway

same with iling. that guy could be a very good winger. and he directly replaced miretti vs cagliari

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
that's the criminal part of his season

for the first few games he played on the flank, pretty close to the sideline. if you check his heatmap vs udinese, you'd never guess it was a 3-5-2. against cagliari or atalanta though, all over the place, zero effectiveness. i wish we could see him regularly as a winger in either a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. fuck, even a 4-2-3-1 would do, i can see loca + rabiot doing all right in a mostly defensive double pivot, that's what they're doing anyway

same with iling. that guy could be a very good winger. and he directly replaced miretti vs cagliari
Ya I agree he was playing from a completely different spot. You just see how natural he moves to the wing to collect the ball and start probing and pressuring the defence. He can even do it from the right and Illing from the left IMO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ya I agree he was playing from a completely different spot. You just see how natural he moves to the wing to collect the ball and start probing and pressuring the defence. He can even do it from the right and Illing from the left IMO.
i'd be fine with chiesa, vlahovic/kean, iling for a run of a few games if shit goes south and we need a change. (we'll obviously keep using 3-5-2 until those rock steady 1-0's keep coming, fml)

problem is the rest. 4-3-3: who's the 3rd cm? mckennie can't pass, miretti is slow and weak. 4-2-3-1: who's the am, miretti who won't/can't track back if played higher? any 4-man backline: who's the rb, the weakest position of the whole squad? at first sight 3-4-3 could look all right and would comfort kostic the best :boh:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
i'd be fine with chiesa, vlahovic/kean, iling for a run of a few games if shit goes south and we need a change. (we'll obviously keep using 3-5-2 until those rock steady 1-0's keep coming, fml)

problem is the rest. 4-3-3: who's the 3rd cm? mckennie can't pass, miretti is slow and weak. 4-2-3-1: who's the am, miretti who won't/can't track back if played higher? any 4-man backline: who's the rb, the weakest position of the whole squad? at first sight 3-4-3 could look all right and would comfort kostic the best :boh:
Well 433 is fucked now without Pogba and Fagioli.

I think Miretti would have to play there now and just be used as a runner to make space. And Mckennie at RCM to dunk crosses from Illing.

The problem is you might as well play Kostic at LW if you want a crosser.

Although I'm very intrigued by Illing. Could he actually play CM? Guess we'll never know because he'll be sold in January

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Yup, 343 makes the most sense and we sometimes played it with decent results under Pirlo. The challenge under Max though would be to not make it into 541 :D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
oh wow he scored 2 goals vs north macedonia what a player.

what next he scores 2 goals vs 16 year old youth teams? thats his level because serie a defending is clearly too hard for him

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We have the two best wingers in the league Chiesa and Soule
did kvara, leao, lookman, colpani, berardi, politano , bonaventura leave serie a?

cuz they are so far ahead of chiesa it's concerning the gap in quality between them the the awful chiesa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 42)