Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Other than walking into our lineup as RM (DC only possible exception if he remains and remains injury free, yuge if), he'll also inject more speed which we still lack
Costa for the attack imo. Perfect as Ronaldo sub, I don’t expect him to play much. Ronaldo, Dybala, Morata, Costa and U23 for the attack. Kulusevski and Ramsey as AM, Cuadrado and Chiesa as RM. Perfect like that.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I think people are too focused on positions. Pirlo's thesis was all about his view on players' role rather than position.

ROLE.

What role can Chiesa fill? He has a history of playing RW? LW? So what? You have to look at the bigger picture and understand his specific ROLE in those specific teams. What roles did other players have, and what was his. CR7 is a LW by position, but his role is much more that of a striker. Deep dive into Chiesa's specific characteristics and you will get an idea of what he can offer.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Being a forward doesn't mean that you need to be glued up top. Take a look at Dybala for example he moves to the right-wing and drops deep quite regularly. However it does free you from having to run that flank up and down as your defensive assignment usually is one of the CBs.
I don’t see the point you’re trying to make here. Look at any heatmap from last season in games he started as a forward and you’ll see him all over the place.

Heres one for example, where he started up front with ribery vs sassuolo

E5D7FDC7-01E3-4BC9-B8F6-0484E68FEE78.jpeg

I mean if you didn’t know he started as a forward, would you have guessed it by looking at this? Guy is all over the place, always.

Jun 6, 2015
I don’t see the point you’re trying to make here. Look at any heatmap from last season in games he started as a forward and you’ll see him all over the place.

Heres one for example, where he started up front with ribery vs sassuolo

E5D7FDC7-01E3-4BC9-B8F6-0484E68FEE78.jpeg

I mean if you didn’t know he started as a forward, would you have guessed it by looking at this? Guy is all over the place, always.
The point is that the defensive duties are different for someone playing as a forward compared to someone playing as a winger.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The point is that the defensive duties are different for someone playing as a forward compared to someone playing as a winger.
and my point is hes more of a winger than a forward, even when he started as a forward. That includes defensively.

btw what defensive duties did Ronaldo have? You think Salah is also tracking back? Messi isn’t the only guy on that list with limited to no defensive duty.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What's brutto even arguing?
I think he’s arguing that because Chiesa played mostly forward that his production is minimized compared to the other wingers because he didn’t track back...as if the Mo Salahs put in bigger defensive shifts lolz

- - - Updated - - -

just for comparison sake here is Salahs season heatmap

C06E31BB-3EC1-467C-B245-88777EEFFA56.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
I think he’s arguing that because Chiesa played mostly forward that his production is minimized compared to the other wingers because he didn’t track back...as if the Mo Salahs put in bigger defensive shifts lolz
I'm a fan of Chiesa thus have followed him for the past couple of seasons. I'm simply pointing out that his role last season wasn't that of a winger. He mostly played up front in a free role.

I already pointed out that dudes like Salah and co benefit from the fact that they play for much better teams and thus their teams usually dominate possession.

Jun 6, 2015
lol ok he was freestyling as a winger then.
Sure when they attacked he often did. Defensively no.

Lirola vs Rui
Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 22.29.49.png

Two secs later, Chiesa at the top of the picture taking the position of a forward defensively.
Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 22.30.26.png

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 22.31.34.png

Chiesa at the top of the picture again in the position of a forward defensively. Rui on the left behind Lirola.
Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 22.33.23.png

Attachments

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012

Lirola vs Rui

Two secs later, Chiesa at the top of the picture taking the position of a forward defensively.

Chiesa at the top of the picture again in the position a forward defensively. Rui on the left behind Lirola.
So basically his favorite position is just like Kulu?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So basically his favorite position is just like Kulu?
kulus best position to me is where Ramsey has been playing. I like the idea of him behind ronaldo and dybala

- - - Updated - - -

Lirola vs Rui

Chiesa at the top of the picture again in the position of a forward defensively. Rui on the left behind Lirola.
you really gonna try and argue a screen grab is more effective data than a heatmap?

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
kulus best position to me is where Ramsey has been playing. I like the idea of him behind ronaldo and dybala

- - - Updated - - -

you really gonna try and argue a screen grab is more effective data than a heatmap?
Yes, Kulu can play that position. I don't say he can't. Both of them are versatile. I simply said that historically, ring winger is favorite position of both Kulu and Chiesa. And our team needs to improve other positions with our limited transfer kitty. Not to mention DC doesn't want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)