DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Tuttosport said today that Pirlo is working with Berna on his new position. Hopefully it will be a succes, this can go fast from now on. Personally I think that Berna has the right characteristics to play as a LWB.
yeah, he’s more technical than Sandro. Probably faster as well. Good work rate. Won’t have to worry about the final third outside of crossing. I’m looking forward to the experiment. No downside. Doubt Pirlo is gonna put him in there unless a game is in hand, at least initially.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah, he’s more technical than Sandro. Probably faster as well. Good work rate. Won’t have to worry about the final third outside of crossing. I’m looking forward to the experiment. No downside. Doubt Pirlo is gonna put him in there unless a game is in hand, at least initially.
Its more or less the same case as Cuadrado, just more extreme.

I always said that i didnt liked Cuadrado`s decition making as a winger. he hogged to the ball too much and was random as hell...some days delivering a gem but most games doing random infuriating stuff. The thing about Cuadrado is that his commitment to the cause is undeniable and he has great qualities like speed and dribbles...so he was good to try as a Fullback/wingback Hybrid.

Bernardeschi is kinda the same.... he is a good technical player....his commitment to the cause is also undeniable. When on his day he has a great shot (or had)... and he has some tricker and physical presence to dribble past opponents. But bernas problem was that he collapses mentally when in an offensive play and he fins himself in the position to improvise...he always take the wrong decition.... and is infuriating as hell.

If Pirlo can channel his skills to be a physical hardworker wingback.. who can provide his stamina, some dribbles and crosses thru that wing...Bernardeschi could maybe turn the page after this 2 disastrous years.

What im pretty sure right notw, is that as a winger he doesnt have the IQ of more natural attackers like Dybala, Kulu or CR7...so we better find a solution to his problem because he is here to stay it seems.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Its more or less the same case as Cuadrado, just more extreme.

I always said that i didnt liked Cuadrado`s decition making as a winger. he hogged to the ball too much and was random as hell...some days delivering a gem but most games doing random infuriating stuff. The thing about Cuadrado is that his commitment to the cause is undeniable and he has great qualities like speed and dribbles...so he was good to try as a Fullback/wingback Hybrid.
Exactly how I felt with Cuads as a winger. Just couldn't shoot on target/finish when opportunities existed. Berna has same qualities so excited to see if it works out for him. Berna hasn't been on TARGET with shots either but early Berna i thought had much greater scoring potential than Cuads would ever have. Hopefully if it works Berna with less pressure on scoring will get those shots on target with goals.
:jflag::jflag2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)