Jun 6, 2015
I think we need width and crosses more than cutting and shooting in 352. But who knows. I am so eager to see what had he learned from Sarri last year.
I think Pirlo prefers a more natural fullback at LWB. Someone who can slot in at LB to make it a back four with Danilo moving to RB. The role Cuads played is better suited for Berna. He played in a similar role on the right at Fiorentina under Paulo Sousa.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I think evev bernadeschi can benefit from pirlos system. maybe we'll see the fiorentina berna that was originally advertised
You could be right. You see Kulu, McKenn on the pitch with speed and pace performing well though very small sample. Berna has that same speed and pace just his HEAD isn't working with his body. Only 26 and possibly Pirlo can find a spot to bring out his best.

Maybe LWB like Albo suggests could be his spot? Has the energy to go end-to-end and no doubt has shown offensive skills. Needs to learn to defend when needed. Has a strong left foot, just needs to get his shots on goal. Could be only a matter of better decision making that Pirlo can solve.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
he's got everything to become a good player, except his head. we have some hope if pirlo becomes a brain surgeon just as quickly as he became a coach.
He played as a winger/wingback successfully before for Fio and Juve (4231 of Allegri, first season).

If you invert the formation we used in the last game, I can see Berna doing on the left what Cuads does on the right. Put AS as LCB behind him, and RWB would be more defensive, like a classic fullback. From deeper positions you require different skills, his poor endproduct shouldn't be such an issue. Cuadrado doesn't produce great numbers either but those kind of players have it in them to be useful in both phases of the game.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't understand why some of you are so willing, so delusional I guess, to give this turd nugget another chance, and even believe in his resurrection :howler:

He was never that good to begin with, so even if he does experience a revival, it's not as if he's a world class player.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't understand why some of you are so willing, so delusional I guess, to give this turd nugget another chance, and even believe in his resurrection :howler:

He was never that good to begin with, so even if he does experience a revival, it's not as if he's a world class player.
But we don't need every single member of this squad to be world class

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But we don't need every single member of this squad to be world class
No, we don't. However, hoping for Turdeski to come good, when his "good" was never that good to begin with, is quite baffling. We should be trying to get rid of him instead of reintegrating him into the squad.

I'd rather keep Costa tbh - at least we know he's a real footballer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)