Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Maybe it's the new role, he's got a lot more ground to cover. Remember, even Vidal looked lost as AM under Max.
He covers the ground all right. Defensively he does amazingly tbh, he presses, covers opposing creative midfielders all that. It's his offense that shit, and it's really surprising, because he was good at that.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He covers the ground all right. Defensively he does amazingly tbh, he presses, covers opposing creative midfielders all that. It's his offense that shit, and it's really surprising, because he was good at that.
Which Makes me think the first affects the second. Hes tired when he gets the ball.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
i still suspect some family reasons behind his long dip in form. he's been consistently terrible since his kid was born. as a father i can certainly relate to that: proper sleep is the last thing the parents get in the first couple of months after the kid is born. he's obviously not a world class player, but even more obviously not that useless piece of dead weight he looked all season. his decision making never was his best attribute, but the way he screws up basically every single decision he faces lately is just out of the ordinary.

in his first season here, he averaged a goal or an assist every ~80 minutes and has been a useful impact sub along with costa. now he's literally our worst player. you simply don't forget how to play football in two years when you're 25.
He had a kid? I swear to god I thought he was closeted homosexual.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Some people.. It was the best Vidal has ever looked.
Lol no it wasn’t.

Vidal from 12/13-13/14 in that RCM role was peak Vidal and the best all-round CM in the world at the time.

He was good in 14/15, but the knee injury he suffered around the time of the 2014 WC clearly affected his performances in the following season. He was also the worst player on the field in the CL final. Probably should have been sent off in the first half. Lost his head totally.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Lol no it wasn’t.

Vidal from 12/13-13/14 in that RCM role was peak Vidal and the best all-round CM in the world at the time.

He was good in 14/15, but the knee injury he suffered around the time of the 2014 WC clearly affected his performances in the following season. He was also the worst player on the field in the CL final. Probably should have been sent off in the first half. Lost his head totally.
Man he was all around great - I just loved his pressing further up the field. If you look at the production, I think it's the season he had the highest goal tally, too.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Lol no it wasn’t.

He sprained his knee in a match assist Fiorentina in EL. He should've rested but with Conte chasing record points, EL final in our ground, and most importantly World Cup it was impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)