james95

Sep 2, 2018
He's shown his best displays when coming off the bench. When he starts, he's still usually hot and cold, so can't really say he should be an undisputed starter. He's a great player to have though.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
How many chances has this guy gotten, and how much did he produce? He is one of the fan favorite due to his genes and name, but should we really bet on him based on his performances so far? I like this kind of player and he has shown some awesome stuff once a while. But in many games he has been quite invisible for me, nomatter how much I want him to succeed. Not sure what to make of his performances, if we can rely on him.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Still not sold on this guy. Maybe he's better in a different position because he's kind of irrelevant on the wing barring the rare Robben esque moment. He's ok but I'd rather give Costa enough minutes to get back to his best.

This guy isn't particularly fast, nothing special at beating his man and his final passes have been mostly awful.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Still not sold on this guy. Maybe he's better in a different position because he's kind of irrelevant on the wing barring the rare Robben esque moment. He's ok but I'd rather give Costa enough minutes to get back to his best.

This guy isn't particularly fast, nothing special at beating his man and his final passes have been mostly awful.
I tend to share the same opinion. In Fiorentina he created a lot and did some impressive things. But he also had the ball all of the time and took chances constantly, throwing the ball away a lot in the process too. But for Fiorentina it was worth it, as he was their best chance of creating something. I hoped he could constrain himself and pick his moments right, now playing with players who are equally good at creating and converting. But it has been a bit on and off so far.

Jun 6, 2015
He's just "inconsistent" like pretty much every other winger around. It's a position where you need to take risks e.g. try to beat your man and play the final ball. Sometimes those things come off and sometimes they don't.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I tend to share the same opinion. In Fiorentina he created a lot and did some impressive things. But he also had the ball all of the time and took chances constantly, throwing the ball away a lot in the process too. But for Fiorentina it was worth it, as he was their best chance of creating something. I hoped he could constrain himself and pick his moments right, now playing with players who are equally good at creating and converting. But it has been a bit on and off so far.
He had the ball a lot more centrally with Fiorentina and also in more open play as they face less tightly compacted defences. I don't know how he has become a strict touch line winger for Allegri. I don't know if his characteristics are perfect to play as a strict wide player against tight defences.

This is why I always want him tried at CM. I think his best ability is to run the ball through midfield. I think where he can help our team the most is when we are in our own 3rd and there is an opening to sprint the ball forward, to start a counter or to just simply dribble past a defender who is too eager to press. To either receive a ball between the lines or to dribble it there yourself is something we just don't have in the team.

I would prefer if all those balls at the RCM corner of the box that Khedira missed today would fall to Bernardeschi. I think that's a perfect spot for his left foot. Khedira was unlucky today but I think Berna would have netted one of those chances.

Plus you just know that Berna is one of those players that needs to touch the ball. If he is on the touchline and gets on the ball once every 10 minutes, you know he is going to try the highest risk option possible.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I wouldn't say that he's not progressing. We want him to be a second Dybala but that might not happen. He'll probably be a grade below. You can't deny that he's been effective coming off the bench in the past. This was a tricky game. The whole team was pretty disorganized and a lot of player's form isn't so great at the moment. I would say he's improving very gradually. He's addressed the weaknesses in his game (like defending) that's for certain. It's his strengths that he should be showing more of but with the discipline has come a bit of timidity.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I wouldn't say that he's not progressing. We want him to be a second Dybala but that might not happen. He'll probably be a grade below. You can't deny that he's been effective coming off the bench in the past. This was a tricky game. The whole team was pretty disorganized and a lot of player's form isn't so great at the moment. I would say he's improving very gradually. He's addressed the weaknesses in his game (like defending) that's for certain. It's his strengths that he should be showing more of but with the discipline has come a bit of timidity.
:agree:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That's a bit of a trend actually. Dybala still isn't quite the player he's supposed to become either. I've always thought it was because Allegri impresses the disciplines of team defense on attacking players more than any other top coach. Our attack is more fatigued than what's usual and therefore less flashy than it can be. We don't play pretty football because it's physically impossible to have both defensive solidity and the individual flare that's necessary for an attacker like Bernardeschi or Dybala to be considered truly elite. So, more often than not, we have to grind goals out as a team rather than rely on the brilliance of individuals.

Just a theory mind you.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The biggest problem with him are his iinjuries he always misses plenty of matches in the season. Probably will miss another 2 or 3 matches with this new injury.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Me either, dont get what he is getting praised for? He is alright, but playing like this, he has no bussiness starting over Dybala (granted benched for discipline reasons). He had one good cross Khedira should buried, aggressive team player, and generally spread posssession a little, but yeah underwhelming most times he gets a starting gig IMO. Needs to do more with these chances.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
That's a bit of a trend actually. Dybala still isn't quite the player he's supposed to become either. I've always thought it was because Allegri impresses the disciplines of team defense on attacking players more than any other top coach. Our attack is more fatigued than what's usual and therefore less flashy than it can be. We don't play pretty football because it's physically impossible to have both defensive solidity and the individual flare that's necessary for an attacker like Bernardeschi or Dybala to be considered truly elite. So, more often than not, we have to grind goals out as a team rather than rely on the brilliance of individuals.

Just a theory mind you.
This is not a theory - this is a fact. Our mids and attackers are all box to box players excluding Ronaldo.They are more concerned with not concedening, scoring is an afterthought. Buffon and Chiellini regularly speak about this.
With our far superior squad we bully the kids in Seria A but get raped in CL. With coaches like Crapelo, Cunte and Pussllegri this is the perennial narrative.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
#metoo

but pls not against atleti. serie a is basically won, we can experiment anytime against mid-table teams.
we already wasted 2 chances on experimenting, v Parma and Sass. hopefully Frosinone will (finally) be it

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I didn't like his performance yesterday.
i liked his contributions without the ball, but he wasted too many possessions with his passing. he works much more defensively than Dybala allowing us to defend in 451, which is big for the CL. id rotate the 2 of them depending on tactics and use Costa only as supersub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)