Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Berna is slowly becoming the player i wanted him to be. Crucial player who will not only show nice skills but also pad his stats with them.
He is also a leader in the making.
Future Capitano if not in Juve then surely in the Nazionale.

Apr 19, 2007
Last season I was laughed at for suggesting that Costa and Bernardeschi are better wingers than Mandzukic and Cuadrado.

Those posters are rather quiet on this subject now.

I won’t mention names, because we all know who I’m talking about.
I think the argument wasnt who the better wingers were but that if we play Dybala in a 4-2-3-1 we need defensive wingers. We still dont know what to do with Dybala at times. Accommodate him or play the better more dynamic wingers?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I think the argument wasnt who the better wingers were but that if we play Dybala in a 4-2-3-1 we need defensive wingers.
Nope, there are genuinely posters who are deluded enough to believe that a top European club should play Mandzukic on the wing. There were quite a few actually (we know who they are).

There's also one prominent poster who claimed that Cuadrado is a better dribbler than Costa.. :seven:

Anyway, it's fantastic to so Bernardeschi proving the doubters wrong.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You just knew he would score or assist tonight.

Is he a starter yet? Cause he should be. Once Douggie C is back do we move Berna to CM and play them both?
Yes please. Move Can/ Bentancur as the DM, and have Pjanic and Berna as btb, with Matuidi as an alternative to either one. Attack should always be Costa, Ronaldo and Dybala when everybody is ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Best player we have
I would maybe go with the 5 time Ballon d’or for that title.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Yeah, Berna is finally starting to show his big potential but let's not forget that last year he was very underwhelming.
Also he did not have great preseason. I remember the game vs Real where he was a catastrophe.
He should be more consistent and prove his worth over at least one season in order for the praise to be justified.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah, Berna is finally starting to show his big potential but let's not forget that last year he was very underwhelming.
Also he did not have great preseason. I remember the game vs Real where he was a catastrophe.
He should be more consistent and prove his worth over at least one season in order for the praise to be justified.

Berna had more g+a than Mandzukic in Serie A while playing three times less, how would you describe Mario then?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

@Fr3sh

Jun 6, 2015
seriously, Mandzukic in Serie A last season, you'd describe him as a warrior? :D at one point last season even Allegri, one of his bigger fans, took a jab at Mario saying that he just stands still and goes into energy-saving mode when things are looking fine for us
You mean this quote:
"I was about to substitute Mandzukic just before the goal, as when the situation seems to be ‘easy’ he tends to go into stand-by mode and save energy.”
To be fair I think that pretty much describes our whole team. Anyways warriors are made for tough situations and having a bit of rest against Verona when it's 'easy' is fine by me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)