s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Probably in place of Dybala :baus:
i've been saying for a while that he's our natural dybala replacement. i might be wrong, though: in case allegri manages to make berna a proper mezz'ala, we might play with a 4-3-something, including both players, too. we're so stacked up front, so many options for max.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Bernardeschi is going to be a great player for us for a long, long time. Watch how he plays, his touch is silky and he got natural stamina. Really intelligent. On top of that he doesn't rely on raw athleticism to be effective like other wingers.

His playing style screams class and longevity. Amazing performance last night!

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That was the first game I can remember where he was able to roam around so freely. He was all over. Joao Cancelo allows him to not be so committed to his RW role I suppose. That kind of freedom definitely brings out the best in him. Would love to see him as trequartista (was that his position today or RB?) behind Ronaldo and Dybala and he looks like he could play mezzala perfectly capably.

As for his replacing Dybala. It might be possible. I see him more as an opportunity for Dybala to play closer to goal where he belongs. He can relieve Dybala of his duties in midfield. A trident of Ronaldo, Dybala and Bernadeschi makes a lot of sense. We have the perfect full backs for a 4-3-1-2

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Joao Cancelo allows him to not be so committed to his RW role I suppose. That kind of freedom definitely brings out the best in him.
I think it's a bit other way around. Cancelo provides an immense attacking, but he makes a lot of risky plays at defense and gets caught too wide. Berna was amazingly disciplined getting back and cover him, he didn't cover an opposing player once and it was on something like 85+ minute.
In two words, Cancelo gets more freedom, Berna enables him and also does Berna things upfront.
In one word, Berna is amazing.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
This might be kind of surprising, but it looks like Bernardeschi and Dybala are players of completely different potentials. And what I'm saying here is based on their performance and progress during the last three years (including Berna's time in Florence), not on their current levels only.

Berna has everything that it takes to be one of the Juventus legends (especially that unique fusion of self-motivation, passion and humility all Juventus legends have), while Paolo seems more like another one very gifted player from South America. There were dozens of them: Saviola, Pato, Oscar, etc. Frankly, it was difficult even to recall their names right now, and this is exactly what I'm talking about.

I hope Paolo proves me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)