dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Thought he was decent today. Still think he will have to be transformed into a BTB mid if he is ever going to be a starter for us. He has the size and stamina to play that role.
I dont see him being explosive enough to be a winger, or creative/ prolific enough to be aSS/AM, so he has to be able to contribute both in offense and defense if he is ever going to be a starter.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We should play 4321 with him and Dybala behind Higuain. We should also use Costa more with Mandzu hitting the bench. For 4321 Cuads could be played as RB vs weaker opponents too.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Thought he was decent today. Still think he will have to be transformed into a BTB mid if he is ever going to be a starter for us. He has the size and stamina to play that role.
I dont see him being explosive enough to be a winger, or creative/ prolific enough to be aSS/AM,
so he has to be able to contribute both in offense and defense if he is ever going to be a starter.
You've said it all right there - he's not good at the positions we bought him for, and converting him to a BTB is not going to work, not his natural position.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
What positions is he good at?
Play him a similar role to what Di Maria did at Real Madrid when they won La Decima. The most attacking player of a 3 man midfield who drifts out wide and has creative freedom but also works hard and tracks back.

- - - Updated - - -

The state of your anti-Berna posts :lol: he is more talented than either Cuadrado or Mandzukic and he was our best player against both Atalanta and SPAL when he started.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Play him a similar role to what Di Maria did at Real Madrid when they won La Decima. The most attacking player of a 3 man midfield who drifts out wide and has creative freedom but also works hard and tracks back.

- - - Updated - - -

The state of your anti-Berna posts :lol: he is more talented than either Cuadrado or Mandzukic and he was our best player against both Atalanta and SPAL when he started.
I'm sorry, have you seen his tackling? Instant yellow cards against sweden and sampdoria

And his non-tackling led to a goal against Atalanta

And his attempted clearance yesterday...

And you want him to be a BTB :sergio:

His best position is CAM , he has a good touch and pass and can beat his man...just needs to do it more consistently and link up better which I guess will come with time, but at this moment he isn't fully ready

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
No, I want him to play as the most attacking midfielder of a midfield 3, that makes him more of CAM rather than a CM. Although we are arguing semantics here.

Higuain
Costa -------- Dybala
Berna
Matuidi - Pjanic​

Something like this.
Alright, but you mentioned di maria who played as an LM that season, and you also said "works hard and tracks back"....other than that yes he should be CAM

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
ok well you said RW, AMC, LW (the positions we use him in) and B2B are not his natural positions implying he has one. Which position is that?
Actually, I said he's not good in the positions we bought him for, i.e., RW, LW, AMC, he's average at them.

He'd be tremendously hopeless at B2B.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

From what he's shown he's average at best. Not Juve material.

More talented than Cuad and Mandzu - :rofl:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
More talented than Cuad and Mandzu - :rofl:
At the age of 22:

Bernareschi scored 14 goals had 5 assists in Serie A, that's 19 goals he was involved in playing as a winger.
Cuadrado played for Udinese, 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 appearances.
Mandzukic was still playing in the Croatian league.

It's clear that Berna for his age is clearly ahead of both Mandzukic and Cuadrado. He has a higher ceiling than both, he's more talented.

This season Berna has done well with the very limited playing time he's received. 2 goals and 2 assists in 345 minutes is a better goal involvement to minute ratio than either Cuadrado or Mandzukic.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
No, I want him to play as the most attacking midfielder of a midfield 3, that makes him more of CAM rather than a CM. Although we are arguing semantics here.

Higuain
Costa -------- Dybala
Berna
Matuidi - Pjanic​

Something like this.
Midfield is way too light weight, we'll get overrunned by average teams. For this to work we'd need a Vidal/Casemiro/Prime Mascherano type of player

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Midfield is way too light weight, we'll get overrunned by average teams. For this to work we'd need a Vidal/Casemiro/Prime Mascherano type of player
It's actually no different to the 4231 we've been using, the only difference is that Berna is playing in Dybala's role (which if anything should make our midfield stronger since Berna has more stamina).

I agree that in the bigger games, we should take out Berna for Marchisio.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
At the age of 22:

Bernareschi scored 14 goals had 5 assists in Serie A, that's 19 goals he was involved in playing as a winger.
Cuadrado played for Udinese, 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 appearances.
Mandzukic was still playing in the Croatian league.

It's clear that Berna for his age is clearly ahead of both Mandzukic and Cuadrado. He has a higher ceiling than both, he's more talented.

This season Berna has done well with the very limited playing time he's received. 2 goals and 2 assists in 345 minutes is a better goal involvement to minute ratio than either Cuadrado or Mandzukic.
Don't make me pull out Giovinco's stats, who was a much more naturally talented player mind you.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I'm sorry, have you seen his tackling? Instant yellow cards against sweden and sampdoria

And his non-tackling led to a goal against Atalanta

And his attempted clearance yesterday...

And you want him to be a BTB :sergio:

His best position is CAM , he has a good touch and pass and can beat his man...just needs to do it more consistently and link up better which I guess will come with time, but at this moment he isn't fully ready
Clear waste of money by any means!

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Don't make me pull out Giovinco's stats, who was a much more naturally talented player mind you.
Giovinco had 1 goal in 19 appearances when he was the same age as Berna's last season at Fiorentina.

Berna might be a flop, he could very well be a success, but until we actually give him a proper chance (let him start several consecutive games), we'll never know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)