DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Did you see the bit where Higgy demanded the ball from Pjanic, pointing both hands at the ground in front of him, Pjanic hesitates and then puts a perfect ball right on Higgy's feet in huge amounts of space about 10 yards outside the box, and Higgy runs straight at the two defenders at the edge of the box, and they just take the ball right off his feet and go the other way....

Our players should think twice about passing the ball to fatty unless it's in the 6 yard box.
Hyggy reminds me of my grey parrot at times.

I have that little football toy, and whenever he sees me picking it out of the drawer,
He already lifts his foot slightly, in anticipation to receive the ball.

Thing is: He won't move. Either you pass the ball like right under his foot, or He'll just stay put and watch the ball slowly roll Past him...with his foot still lifted. Almost like he was complaining about the shitty pass. Lazy fuck :heart: @DUKAC

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
He wasnt at his best today, but out of all the players he is the one that is never scared to have a go and take a shot outside the box. Not to mention he gets a goal or an assist whenever he gets decent minutes.

Thankfully Allegri is starting to give him more and more minutes. But at this point he has earned a starting place.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Mandzukic isn't a number 9. He simply isn't.
He isnt a creative winger or SS that we need in that final third either. If he isnt a CF then wtf is he?

Back to bernardeschi..it is a fucking joke that he rides the bench. Allegri is a stubborn fool. To fixated on worrying about whether he is old enough.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Did you see the bit where Higgy demanded the ball from Pjanic, pointing both hands at the ground in front of him, Pjanic hesitates and then puts a perfect ball right on Higgy's feet in huge amounts of space about 10 yards outside the box, and Higgy runs straight at the two defenders at the edge of the box, and they just take the ball right off his feet and go the other way....

Our players should think twice about passing the ball to fatty unless it's in the 6 yard box.
Yes I saw it. he has no cohesion whatsoever with the rest of the team. He is in the way of other players, he slows down our play and quite often ruins a perfect buildup.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Hyggy reminds me of my grey parrot at times.

I have that little football toy, and whenever he sees me picking it out of the drawer,
He already lifts his foot slightly, in anticipation to receive the ball.

Thing is: He won't move. Either you pass the ball like right under his foot, or He'll just stay put and watch the ball slowly roll Past him...with his foot still lifted. Almost like he was complaining about the shitty pass. Lazy fuck :heart: @DUKAC

:lol:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I mean he isn't prolific enough.
He can be our striker while leaving the goalscoring duty to Dybala, similar to how Benzema’s sole purpose is feeding Ronaldo.

Back to Bernardeschi - he was actually subbed in on the 55th minute today which is much earlier than I was expecting. He’s slowly gaining Allegri’s trust which is good. Unfortunately, I doubt he’s going to be starting in any CL games.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Bernardeschi>D.Costa>Cuadrado
Right now, that definitely isn't true. I like Fede, and someday that might be true, but not right now.

He was extremely wasteful yesterday, it was driving me a bit nuts. The assist was huge, though. Gotta give him that, and his production per minutes played is pretty solid. He's a good young player, and he needs more minutes.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Right now, that definitely isn't true. I like Fede, and someday that might be true, but not right now.

He was extremely wasteful yesterday, it was driving me a bit nuts. The assist was huge, though. Gotta give him that, and his production per minutes played is pretty solid. He's a good young player, and he needs more minutes.
A lot of people are reluctant to rate Berna above Cuads because he is young and we haven't seen a lot of him yet for Juve. I reckon that if Berna is given enough minutes, he will establish himself firmly superior to Cuads.

This season, Berna averages a goal or assist every 90 minutes, which is a fantastic record. His goal or assist contribution per game is the best out of anyone, only Dybala even comes close.

He also tends to play better when he starts games than when he comes off the bench. He's not a supersub, he takes time to get into matches. He should be starting plenty of games.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
A lot of people are reluctant to rate Berna above Cuads because he is young and we haven't seen a lot of him yet for Juve. I reckon that if Berna is given enough minutes, he will establish himself firmly superior to Cuads.

This season, Berna averages a goal or assist every 90 minutes, which is a fantastic record. His goal or assist contribution per game is the best out of anyone, only Dybala even comes close.

He also tends to play better when he starts games than when he comes off the bench. He's not a supersub, he takes time to get into matches. He should be starting plenty of games.
I was focused on the Costa vs Bernardeschi comparison. As of now, Costa is superior to Bernardeschi, and a better fit for the 4-3-3, and the 4-2-3-1.

Fede will continue to improve, and there will come a time when he is a more prominent part of this team. Right now, things are pretty unbalanced up front, and Cuadrado is the type of player who (when healthy) helps add structure to our team. He works hard, and is much more dependable in the defensive phase of the game, which is a big part of why Allegri had favoured him. He is also clearly a winger.

Cuadrado is 29 and Bernardeschi is 23. Bernardeschi definitely has a higher ceiling, and there will come a time (probably very soon) where Fede will start taking on more responsibility. It's his first season with a big club, and he should be getting more time than he has been getting. Hopefully he'll take this opportunity and we'll see him really assert himself. I don't think winger is the position he's best suited for, though. He's a good young player, and he's going to continue to get better.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Berna's numbers speak for himself. he is like a caged lion right now.

I dont need to even defend my statement as it is plain to see. Only someone who doesnt want this team to go forward would advocate to keep benching him instead of using him on the right. Thats all ill say.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Berna's numbers speak for himself. he is like a caged lion right now.

I dont need to even defend my statement as it is plain to see.
It's also plain to see that it is easier to leave a good impression as super sub then when you play game in game out for 90 minutes.

That said, with Cuads out i have no problem with him getting more minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)