Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
its quite shocking how most of our signings from serie a over the last 10-14 years have been flops or average,

almiron
martinez
melo
criscito
motta
molinaro
amauri
pazienza
giacherrini
peluso
lucio
ogbonna
isla
romulo
sturaro
hernanes
zaza
rincon
rugani
berna
bonucci (second signing. first he was good)
de sciligo

like the last good signings we got from serie a was higgy and dybala. and that was in 2015 and 2016. wow. maybe dont sign anyone from this league

@Alen @Bianconero_Aus @JCK am i missing anyone? i dont count guys like padion, pepe, or matri because they played a role in being good squad players.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
its quite shocking how most of our signings from serie a over the last 10-14 years have been flops or average,

almiron
martinez
melo
criscito
motta
molinaro
amauri
pazienza
giacherrini
peluso
lucio
ogbonna
isla
romulo
hernanes
zaza
rincon
rugani
berna
de sciligo

like the last good signings we got from serie a was higgy and dybala. and that was in 2015 and 2016. wow. maybe dont sign anyone from this league

@Alen @Bianconero_Aus @JCK am i missing anyone? i dont count guys like padion, pepe, or matri because they played a role in being good squad players.
Pirlo, Lichsteiner, Vucinic, bonucci, demiral, qtube, pjanic, orsolini, caldara, zaza, pereyra as the well as the numerous ones you dont count because they are "squad players" we also have registration requirements to meet that you conveniently forgot about
i think its also fair to ackwnoledge Cuadrado and benatia as Serie A experienced players who briefly left and then came back to join juve

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
where in my post did u read me say ALL of our signings were bad? i listed majority of signings that i can think of juve return to serie a.

and those guys were no squad players. they were starters.

demiral is a flop. he has played how many games for juve? there is your answer

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

almiron
martinez
melo
criscito
motta
molinaro
amauri
pazienza
giacherrini
peluso
lucio
ogbonna
isla
romulo
sturaro
hernanes
zaza
rincon
rugani
berna
de sciligo

good point. just some remarks:
- it doesn't make sense at all to mix the 2006-10 era and beyond. a good chunk of these were bought by secco, the marco motta of sporting directors.
- as for romulo, sturaro, hernanes, zaza, rincon, rugani and de sciglio, they were never intended to be starters.
- after '11/12 season, players bought from within the serie a as a starter, and flopped: isla, giovinco, berna. the list of the positive transfers is a lot longer.

i changed my mind, it wasn't a good point lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)