Fast Italian players (5 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
without a doubt - BIRINDELLI is the fastest juve player. he is faster then di vaio and miccoli.

i remember him keeping pace with overmars last year against barcalona!
Biri is fast, but don't insult Overmars. Biri marked him well, but he was tugging and tripping him all night. Overmars is faster than Biri, but you are right, Biri is probably the fastest on Juve.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

:LOL: Montella is not fast, he just looks fast becaus ehe has to move his tiny legs with such speed just to keep up with normal sized people...
Good Point :D

do you think that Applies to Miccoli too?! ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
DV a great sprinter,as are zamby and the two zenonis,while montella,corradi aren't slouches either.

players like inzaghi and camoranesi are quick,but not really fast.

btw,iuliano's a pretty fast player as well:)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
1 DV(Very fast one of the fastest in Europe) and Adeel:cool: DEL PIERO(97/98:D)
2 Miccoli
3 Zambrotta

these players are also fast but not 100m sprinters like myself:
Inzaghi
Nesta
Camo
Canna
Totti
Montella
Coco
Vieri(lost quite a bit of his pace)
Del Piero(only at times)
Chiesa

Old Italian players I dont think anyone was lightning. Viali was fast though, Omar Sivori and Baggio had pace when he was younger.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
The fastest player on the Juve squad at present has got to be Miccoli.
I can't really mark anyone above him in terms of speed in regards to Bianconeri. Zambrotta packs quite a bit of pace on that left flank though..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
1 DV(Very fast one of the fastest in Europe) and Adeel:cool: DEL PIERO(97/98:D)
2 Miccoli
3 Zambrotta
Maybe before his injury, but DP hasn't been fast for a long time now.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i'll go by current players.

Di Vaio and Miccoli are the fastest IMO.

Zambrotta is taller than those two so he doesnt look as fast, but when he looks like he is gliding up the left wing, he is leaving players for dead.

Vieri is fast for his size and height, obviously not as fast at the others, but others are half his size.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

Vieri is fast for his size and height, obviously not as fast at the others, but others are half his size.
Big guys usually have v. powerful leg muscles, so they have awesome acceleration and pace over the first 100 or so metres.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Maybe before his injury, but DP hasn't been fast for a long time now.
Shame he will never have that pace again. remember that duel Piero and Morriero had when Inter luckily beat us 1 nil in 97/98. Piero lightning pace and Morriero as well. The man just faded out he was such an amazing player.

Adrian 100% right on Zambro his running style is more floaty:D like Sheva, u cant really tell how fast he's going from the TV.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
for the people who said the inzaghi brothers are fast! i disagree how many times have we seen pippo outpace a defender? they are a bit quick taking the first step but they are not fast IMO
the Inzaghi's bro maybe not oftenly outpace defender, but usually they quick lose their marker & pounce at rebound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)