Fashion! (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

Congratulations. the first person I know online who knows manolo blahnik shoes.
Padovano likes him too.

He is the best shoe designer in the world!

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I know. currently the best, but I stick by Jimmy Choos. His heels are super hot.

Lord Padovano knows him? :shocked: oh wow, we should have a fashion thread, shit

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    omg omg omg omg omg.... Pad, I assume you are male, but how often do you come across males who know Tom Ford and Manolo Blahnik? this is the biggest shock of my life

I also like Ungaro, a revolutionary designer now. Do you know of him?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    omg omg omg omg omg.... Pad, I assume you are male, but how often do you come across males who know Tom Ford and Manolo Blahnik? this is the biggest shock of my life

I also like Ungaro, a revolutionary designer now. Do you know of him?

I know Ungaro, but I don't wear Ungaro. A bit too wild for what I can pull off.

Hi Sergio! Who loves ya baby (juventuz forums mode on: Nobody hates you)

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Ungaro's style is exaggerated and drastic, but for men I've always thought of Armani as plain classy, so is Dunhill, and Hermes. Pado, I'm so proud of you :touched: btw what do you wear? designer stuff I mean

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Sally, I have to wear business suits everyday, so I have a lot of them. Mostly Donna Karan, some Givenchy, I love Armani and Brioni (but very expensive). Kenneth Cole and Oscar DelaRenta for shoes. There is a designer in San Juan, Puerto Rico who is incredible (but he is unknown), Nono Maldonado. He has three stores in San Juan and I have actually met him in one of them, and the clothes are beautiful.

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Ooohh Givenchy is yummy indeed!!

I don't know, I heard he likes Calvin Klein. CK is okay for me, but not exactly a favourite.

Who's your favourite Padovano? Gosh I'm feeling so happy now :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    I'll give you my favorites if you give me yours :D

Women's: Fendi, Vuitton, Valentino

Men's: Armani, Brioni

Shoes: Blahnik, Gucci

Coolest looking designer - Valentino

Nicest Guy in the business - Isaac Mizrahi

Classic designer deserving a mention - Diane Von Furstenburg

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Ohhh I love talking about clothes!!!

I dont think Isaac Mizrahi is the nicest guy in the industry. I havent followed his stuff on the runway very much, but the last time I went to his shop in NYC I didnt like what I saw. There were like two or three things worthy of buying, but not too much. My father (who was with me) thought otherwise and loved it.

In shoes I agree with you, but I'd like to add Prada. I like their women's shoes.

My favourite designer ever is Roberto Cavalli. I really like his clothes. Also Tom Ford (for both Gucci and YSL) is very good, its a shame he left!

For bags I like Vuitton, they have awesome designs but theyre not as comfortable. And I dont like that now the LV Monogram is everywhere! even in shirts they sell in Chinatown and other places alike in the rest of the World

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Versace is pretty good too! I loved the spring summer 2004 collection, I got a long dress made like one from there like a month ago

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Fabi, I love Tom Ford (for Gucci) too, but don't know too much about his work at YSL.

Prada has some great shoes, but she has also come up with some really freaky designs that I didn't like at all.

What is up with the LV now appearing in all kinds of colors? Messing with a classic is always dangerous.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I didnt like the white/black monogram with different colors. I cant believe people are still buying it.

What I did like was the monogram vernis that came in gray, beige, pink, lavender, bronze... When it came out I bought a bronze one and I still use it... I like it because its a neutral color. They released a new monogram kinda like the vernis, but it isnt as shiny. I saw it last week and the gold one is really pretty, but the bags' models arent good.

This is Tom Ford's last collection for YSL, in case you wanna check it out :)
    http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2004RTW/complete/thumb/YSLRG

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    Thanks for the link Fabi. I really like Page 3 of the collection.

Maybe we can get the Fendi people to design the 2004/05 Juve kit :cool:
    Youre welcome

No, Id really like someone like Armani. Classic and clean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)