Farsopoli(Calciopoli) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
swag said:
I completely follow why the 05-06 campaign is lumped in with the judgement of the 04-05 one. However, I think there's something to be said for the argument that you can't reverse history. To think you can is folly.

Is there a statute of limitations for this? Because if there isn't, and some discovery comes out 10 years after the fact, entire decades of play could be wiped out under the same kind of sentencing -- affecting multiple clubs.

It's like the TV show Dallas, where supposedly dead Bobby returns to the show because the entire past couple of seasons were "just a dream". Talk about yanking the chain of all Lega Calcio fans. It severely damages its credibility, because I am half wondering if the other shoe is going to one day drop on Milan -- Berlusconi is out of the TV revenue picture and the real dirt can flow -- and we'll find out in 2008 that no games really ever took place in Lega Calcio since 2001.

There has to be a limit to that kind of historical revisionism. Just saying, "Oh, we missed a detail 15 years ago and, btw, everything you've been following for the past 15 years really never happened. Sorry." is inexcusable.

It's bad enough for anti-Juve fans to think that everything has been fixed by one club since the beginning of time. It's even worse to have every tifosi of the sport thinking in the back of their head that whatever their witnessing might not be real because of some judge's decision a couple years out in the future.
spot on, they cant rewrite history

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
The appeal process hasnt kicked in yet, so the max sentence that Juve will get is Serie B and -30 points. After the appeals, I hope the sentence will be more lenient, and more fairer to be honest. Remember this decision will affect the whole of Italian football. I still hope that we get back in Serie A with possible 30 point deduction, or Serie B with 10 point deduction
FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Turk_Bianconero said:
Serie A -50 points
I can accept this

please no b
You know what, if this really happen and they put us in Serie A - 50 points we will still find away to be on top of inter.... Or better said, inter wold find away to be lower than us lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)