Farewell Appiah (2 Viewers)

Blind

May 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
not for that money..we need to get more cash or involve him in a deal.

blasi didnt end up at fiorentina did he?? that means we have tacchinardi, appiah, blasi, giannichedda and emerson. add to that maresca and possibly mozart.

I think Blasi will leave as well as appiah and maresca. Emerson, tacchinardi and giannichedda will all stay leaving room for one more player, possibly Mozart or a suprise like Pizarro.

i guess it makes sense as giannichedda and tacchinardi will accept the bench while blasi and appiah are young and keen on getting time on the field.
Good point indeed

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
Let's consider following players in Juve's squad for a similar position (central midfielder):

- Emerson
- Tacchinardi
- Blasi
- Maresca
- Appiah
- Giannichedda
- (Mozart)

That's way too much. The players to leave imo:
Blasi (!), Tacchinardi, (Appiah)

I still don't get it: Why did Juve buy Giannichedda?? Only because of the free transfer?
Mozart would be the next player we can't use. I hope that Moggi reconsiders...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well you came at the right time, we're under new ownership apparently, so hopefully we can stay as the no.1 Juve fan board around!

Anyway as to your post, i'm in agreement with most of it - that we should release a few of these centre mids. Most of them have the same abilities and very little creativity. Obviously Emo must be kept - he's on a different level tot he others. Giannichedda is ok, and we just got him, so he'll be staying.

I'd like us to keep Appiah as I know what he can do, how he plays for Ghana is impressive. Blasi should defo be shown the door, and Tach too probably, as long as we get somebody creative in there. Not sure about Maresca; everybody is always raving about him but he's never struck me as particularly impressive. We'll have to see.

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Really?! Could we please have the URL?

:D
:D Nice...

On topic:

I'd also like Appiah to stay, he really showed us some things...

As for Maresca: I am sure that he's got more potential that he proved during his time in the Juve-jersey. But he enjoyed a good year with Fiorentina, I would like to see him in our squad next season.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Tom ] ++
As for Maresca: I am sure that he's got more potential that he proved during his time in the Juve-jersey. But he enjoyed a good year with Fiorentina, I would like to see him in our squad next season.
I'm sure I don't just speak for myself when I say that Maresca's potential was recognised at Juve. Lippi showed favouritism..this is why both Micco and Enzo missed the boat. Capello has a much better man-management philosophy.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by -Tom ] ++
I still don't get it: Why did Juve buy Giannichedda?? Only because of the free transfer?
Because he accepts a role on the bench, or on the stands. He's an experienced player who's capable of playing on multiple positions when called upon. A very smart signing.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I have always valued Appiah. There are also rumors of Chelsea's second bid for trezeguet which is really big, perhaps big enough to keep Appiah. We still have Blasi, Miccoli and perhaps Maresca for fund raising.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Selling Appiah has nothing to do with transfer income. With Emerson, Pizarro/Mozart/Vieira, Blasi, Tachhinardi and Giannichiedda we have enough central midfielders.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We will try new faces,
i hope much better (Pizarro) or even world class ones(Vieira),
its useless to invest money(4mil) to make an upgrade from Appiah to Mozart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)