FAQ: What is vCash? (aka "points") --also: Betting Rules... (3 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Hey you guys.
I know lots of us got affected by the last Juve Crunch which ate most / if not all our vCash and left us with absolutely nothing to live on!
I know the saying not to put all eggs in one basket and thats is probably true. But come on. It was a sure win But that's football,

So, I hereby ask those of you who are overloaded with tons and tons of cash to show some love "Val's day is around the corner" and give away some cash.

Not the 10K stuff.. Maybe the 100K stuff

/Yamen

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
For those who don't have any vcash left, they can ask for 100 vcash in the vcash demand thread that I will setup in a few minutes.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Bookies:

With the new setup of the forum things have changed when setting up vbookie events.
Odds needs to be lowered.

For example, if bwin states the odds are 1.5 for a victory, we need to setup the event with odds of 0.5.
Else the winning outcome will get double its betted money back.
For example:

odds 1.5
bet 100
winner would get: 250.

Should be 150
So we need to setup the odds to 0.5 which would mean the winner would get 150 (100 as a return for the betted amount and 50 as amount that he/she won)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Bookies:

With the new setup of the forum things have changed when setting up vbookie events.

For example, if bwin states the odds are 1.5 for a victory, we need to setup the event with odds of 0.5.
For example:

odds 1.5
bet 100

Should be 150
So we need to setup the odds to 0.5 which would mean the winner would get 150 (100 as a return for the betted amount and 50 as amount that he/she won)
Ah, chest. I remember back on XFF, there was this issue when we just started vBookie. There is an option in the mod panel, you need to disable an option called something like "include inital stake into winning outcome". It was something like that. I don't know if you can do that or Dooz or Marty has to, but that's where the problem lies. It pays out your initial bet + winning outcome.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Bookies:

For example:

odds 1.5
bet 100

Should be 150
I can confirm that this is the case. I created a test event and bet 10 on it.

Started with 576 Cash.

After the bet I had 566 as expected.

I set the winning odds to 2 to 1. So I should have won 20. Instead I won 30 so it looks like it gives back the stake if you win.

After settling the event I had 596 (should have been 586).

I'll see if I can find a solution to this otherwise we'll have to readjust the odds for each event. I wonder why they set it up that way.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I can confirm that this is the case. I created a test event and bet 10 on it.

Started with 576 Cash.

After the bet I had 566 as expected.

I set the winning odds to 2 to 1. So I should have won 20. Instead I won 30 so it looks like it gives back the stake if you win.

After settling the event I had 596 (should have been 586).

I'll see if I can find a solution to this otherwise we'll have to readjust the odds for each event. I wonder why they set it up that way.
Some betting sites use this method (returning the initial stakes as well)...so it could be that the new version using this method.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;2928774 said:
Some betting sites use this method (returning the initial stakes as well)...so it could be that the new version using this method.
Yeah I know but I don't like it. :p I'll see if I can edit the vbookie code myself to fix it.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
This has now been fixed, I had to edit the code for vBookie.

So basically:

What you stake is lost no matter if you win or lose (just like in real life when you bet).

If you win you get what you staked x the odds.

If you lose you get nothing back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)