Fabio Quagliarella (9 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's pointless to argue about stuff we barely know anything about. However if we follow press statement club has done nothing wrong. As for Gio, he didn't declare he's leaving in the summer, nor our staff said he should be sold. It was always either Mirko or Quag to be sold. Mirko was almost a done deal for Inter but once that fell apart he said he wants to stay and fight for a spot here. I don't know why is Gio being mentioned, totally different situation.
Like Gio, I don't think Quag declared he's leaving in the summer, nor did the staff say he will be sold either. Also, I could be wrong about this, but I do think all 3 of the players were/are on the market. Not just Vucinic and Quag.

Once again we see what we discussed about -- club was willing to let him go under any circumstances -- it was not just that Juventus asked for 7-8mln which collapsed the deal.
Like I said in the post above, when it's a loan, you have to look at it from the players perspective too (especially the ones above 30). You may move to another team where you still may not play as much, and then you may go on the market again in 5-6 months. That team is not commiting itself to the player. Especially since the majority of those teams were from overseas. I could understand if Quag didn't contribute to the cause at all or was always injured or didn't get along with his teammates, but there was nothing of the sort. Of course, there are some who'll point out to the Alessio incident, but then that was last season, and we only blocked his move even after that happened so it's a moot point as of today. The fact that the player wasn't allowed to move when he wanted, the club then pushing him to move without any stability (on loan) when it's convenient for them, means they should show consideration under the circumstances.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Juve wanted to get rid of Quag, they tried to help him to go into a good situation, he was being stubborn refusing everything to the point where Juve got pissed off and now he's having to face the consequences of his own actions. Under contract Juve are obligated to pay him the money but they are not obligated to use him. Juve transfer listed both him and Vucinic and while Vuci was trying to make things happen Quag was refusing and making himself difficult.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
@ baggio

Dude, just stop. :lol:

-You said he accepted Lazio and Samp (in January) and we were the ones who did not let him go on loan.

Few hours later..

Both Tare and Samp's DS confirm that he rejected them.

And now even his agent confirms that we wanted to get rid of him even on loan.

-Doesn't get included in EL squad, must be because of homegrown rule.

Pepe who has been out for 2 years is there.

Non of your theories stand no more.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Look, it's pretty obvious by now that Juve don't have space for him. Other than putting him into a rocket and firing him to the Moon I don't know how else this can be made clearer.

Having said that I would also have kept Quagliarella for the EL. Personally I think the reasons for this are twofold; a personal decision because Quagliarella wouldn't move, and more importantly, it gives the chance for Giovinco to be showcased in the EL, and hopefully play well enough to either gain some form or attract enough attention to retain some value on the market (more the latter).

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14,329
    Seriously, baggio, you spent so much of your time claiming how Juve rejected to loan him out. Now you just came up with another excuse to defend him.

I think you're actually in love with him. Being in denial for so many things only implies such.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    @baggio if you are going to defend Quag so vehemently then please do not at least sully the great name, change your username to @migliaccio or @aquilani

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Just read that Osvaldo is also cup tied for the EL, hence is exclusion. Makes this decision to cut him of the list look even more stupid.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    @ baggio

Dude, just stop. :lol:

-You said he accepted Lazio and Samp (in January) and we were the ones who did not let him go on loan.

Few hours later..

Both Tare and Samp's DS confirm that he rejected them.

And now even his agent confirms that we wanted to get rid of him even on loan.

-Doesn't get included in EL squad, must be because of homegrown rule.

Pepe who has been out for 2 years is there.

Non of your theories stand no more.
    Theories? You make it seem like Im intentionally fabricating stuff. Up until the point that we saw what DS of Lazio said, we didn't have any official info available to us that proved otherwise. You had people say that he's rejecting everyone coz he wants to see his contract out at Juve. While i said that he perhaps didnt want to move mid season, and disagreed with those views.

Everyone had the sources that said different things. Including that Quag had agreed a move to Lazio and wanted Samp but they couldn't afford his salary and so it didn't work out. Eventually it turns out that the argument worked both ways coz he did reject mid season moves but seemingly agreed for a move end of season. It's not my theories.

Just like last mercato when I said that Conte blocked the move, and you scoffed at that suggestion. I don't say stuff to make things up so id appreciate it if you give it a break.

Seriously, baggio, you spent so much of your time claiming how Juve rejected to loan him out. Now you just came up with another excuse to defend him.

I think you're actually in love with him. Being in denial for so many things only implies such.
    In denial about what exactly? Ive said this in the past. Maybe it's coz I like the player and rate him, that it's easy to be misunderstood. I was pretty sure this was his last season here, at the start of it. I mean its only logical we make a step up in quality when your starters went from Vucinic-Gio to Tevez-Llorente. I feel the same way about Vuci and Gio who will have to movetwo progress with their careers.

Yes, I think he's contributed in his time here and he could've been useful in the months ahead. You have chosen to disagree. I believe I have a fair ability to reason/analyze this stuff. We don't have to agree, but I think some people mistake that I think he's a Maradona or a Pele. Some of my reasoning here is misunderstood. You mustve noticed that guys like me and ZoSo, Tommy etc, have usually only ever defended him more from insults and provocations than rational criticism (most of the time). You are free to judge that and/or laugh at it like some people here. And sure, I'm a fan of the player. That won't change after he leaves.

@baggio if you are going to defend Quag so vehemently then please do not at least sully the great name, change your username to @migliaccio or @aquilani
    Shut up.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
    Jul 28, 2011
    Juve wanted to get rid of Quag, they tried to help him to go into a good situation, he was being stubborn refusing everything to the point where Juve got pissed off and now he's having to face the consequences of his own actions. Under contract Juve are obligated to pay him the money but they are not obligated to use him. Juve transfer listed both him and Vucinic and while Vuci was trying to make things happen Quag was refusing and making himself difficult.
    :chin:

No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)