Fabio Quagliarella (69 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Well Quagliarella has to understand that it works both ways. He wanted his money (understandable) and chose that over playing when he had to chance to join Genoa, Lazio, etc. and most likely would have been given a starting spot. He has no right IMO to be upset, he made his choice.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yea, I think the only sad part is that the club should show the player respect, and whoever leaves this summer should leave on a good note. Dunno if it's punishment or otherwise, but hopefully he gets to leave the club on a good note coz he's given his contribution in whatever way he could.
Regardless of what Quag did this Mercato, freezing him from the team is surely a rash pointless decision. A bit stupid too.

Didn't Lazio already confirm Quag agreed to talk cone the Summer? Then by all means, why freaze a possibly useful player (Injuries happen you know) and take him off the team when there's another 4 months left till the next Mercato?

Plus, all the recent reports indicate Conte isnt satisfied with Osvaldo's shape so it could be a couple of weeks till he's available. Then there's the broken Vucinic too...

Again, this has rash and stupid written all over.
all this has done is lower his value. Now clubs know Juventus is desperate to let him go and none will offer any decent offer, resulting in yet again bullying Juventus in market. At most teams will try to loan him to rip Juve off.

Good job conte and marotta. do you even business sense?
Jorginho's agent:
“The boy’s not demoralised by the news,” Joao Santos told TuttoMercatoWeb.

“We heard the news this afternoon, but the lad is only focused on the match with Roma on Wednesday.
“Benitez is a top Coach, and if he’s made this decision it is because he thinks he has enough options in midfield.
“Jorginho arrived at Napoli to do his best, and if that’s in the League and the Coppa Italia, then so be it.”

VS.

Quag's agent:

“How did Fabio take it? Not very well,” Beppe Bozzo told Tuttosport.
“He’s quietly angry because he deserves more respect after everything’s he’s done for Juventus."

:disagree:

Pepe is selected, Quag not. :lol:
Quag has clearly done something during the winter mercato that pissed off Juventus big time.
what a stupid shit :sergio:

frick

Apr 4, 2010
It must be because Juve aren't taking the EL seriously and want to keep Quagliarella fresh for Serie A duty...
:lol:

He will be gone in the summer. No reason to play him anymore.
This. I don't know why he (or his agent) got angry. I like Quag but when he said he'd leave for another club at the end of the season you just can't expect the club to give him chance.

Well Quagliarella has to understand that it works both ways. He wanted his money (understandable) and chose that over playing when he had to chance to join Genoa, Lazio, etc. and most likely would have been given a starting spot. He has no right IMO to be upset, he made his choice.
:agree:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It does work both ways. Assuming this was Pogba, all of us would be wetting our pants that he chose to see out his contract. Or that he made a decision where he was entitled to stay on as per his contract. Quag did just that for another half season. He was midway through the season, would've won a title possibly and a paycheck rather than be displaced on loan to most of the club's that came our way. To me thats understandable, given that we know now that he will move end of season. Instead he has been dropped in favor of a player like for eg. Vucinic who wanted to leave the club and Gio, who just like Quag refused offers. Sure you could make a case and say he's not as useful to our cause, but on the principle of the matter, the club have been unfair cos he has done no wrong. They stopped him from moving last summer, and he deferred the move this summer instead of the winter. Not that it matters in the long run since I'm assuming we'll anyway see a rejig in the forward department. Clearly, something has gone down. We may get a statement from the player or club soon enough.

. I like Quag but when he said he'd leave for another club at the end of the season you just can't expect the club to give him chance.:
This too works both ways. On one hand the club wants him to leave, and on the other, they're punishing him coz he's accepted to go elsewhere in the next window. Also begs the question, why the club gave him a contract till 2016 and why they stopped him from leaving last summer when he wanted to. He had accepted a move to Lazio then too.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14,317
    This too works both ways. On one hand the club wants him to leave, and on the other, they're punishing him coz he's accepted to go elsewhere in the next window. Also begs the question, why the club gave him a contract till 2016 and why they stopped him from leaving last summer when he wanted to. He had accepted a move to Lazio then too.
    It's not like we offered him that contract 2 weeks ago.

We didn't have Osvaldo and both Tevez and Llorente were a question mark at that point. He barely played this season, rightfully so, it was obvious that he isn't need. Club was willing to let him go (and I guess they wanted him out) but he rejected (so he could stay for 4-5 more months in order to win Scudetto? sounds silly). He/they made a wrong and stupid statement saying 'he's going in the summer'. If that happens in most of the cases club does not count on that player. It's pointless to play him and this is not the first case we've seen this. Hell, what happened with Llorete? He said he'll leave the club and he was placed out of squad till June and his transfer to Juve.

Why didn't he say something like 'I want to stay at Juve and fight for the spot (like Mirko?) and we'll see what happens in the summer'? Instead of that he rejected a transfer, wants to stay here where he's not needed, declare he wants to leave in June instead? Be my guest, stay out of the squad, get the payment for winning the Scudetto in which you didn't participate.

I honestly think club didn't do anything wrong at all in this case.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    It's not like we offered him that contract 2 weeks ago.

We didn't have Osvaldo and both Tevez and Llorente were a question mark at that point. He barely played this season, rightfully so, it was obvious that he isn't need. Club was willing to let him go (and I guess they wanted him out) but he rejected (so he could stay for 4-5 more months in order to win Scudetto? sounds silly). He/they made a wrong and stupid statement saying 'he's going in the summer'. If that happens in most of the cases club does not count on that player. It's pointless to play him and this is not the first case we've seen this. Hell, what happened with Llorete? He said he'll leave the club and he was placed out of squad till June and his transfer to Juve. .
    Sure. The contract was extended last to last season, fair enough. But we had already bought Tevez and Llorente in the summer itself. A time when Quag asked to move to Lazio and Conte/the club blocked the move. Only to keep a player who wouldn't play much. Another factor, which I think is huge for players like Quag/Vucinic - those towards the end of their careers, they normally make decisions that are a bit more based on personal/family reasons than the ones who are younger or in their prime. At least from all the articles I read where clubs came in for these player's, none of them were outright deals. I think most of them were loan deals. Players in this scenario may feel uncomfortable coz it's an unsettling choice if they are back on the market if the loaning club doesn't buy, and that's probably what was factored into Vucinic/Quags decision making process. (Villa, Arsenal, Valencia etc.)

You make a fair point about not being in the club's plans anymore when you commit yourself to another team. But at this point we are unclear about what the punishment is for? If its for committing to another team or for refusing a move. I guess Marrotta will clarify that in the upcoming days when the media poses the question.

Why didn't he say something like 'I want to stay at Juve and fight for the spot (like Mirko?) and we'll see what happens in the summer'? Instead of that he rejected a transfer, wants to stay here where he's not needed, declare he wants to leave in June instead? Be my guest, stay out of the squad, get the payment for winning the Scudetto in which you didn't participate.

I honestly think club didn't do anything wrong at all in this case.
    Here again, I don't think Quag came out and said these words: that he ahead agreed to move to Lazio. It was Lazio's DS who made that statement. Not the player. I think his agent Bozzo came out and clarified that there was no agreement with Lazio for June because the press suggested that's why he's being punished. On one hand he's being punished coz he's agreed to move from where he's not needed, on the other, he is possibly being punished coz he didn't agree to move and chose to stay but in making that choice he would be effectively fighting for his place and contributing to the team, like he has done in the past? Gio effectively also refused a move. Did he not? So yea you could say Quag's been a bit hard done by.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone interested, some additional bits from the transcript of Bozzo's interview with sky.

"Fabio deserved much more respect but evidently what he has given to Juve in recent years is not worth that much," Quagliarella's agent Giuseppe Bozzo told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He has never made any controversy but that doesn't mean that he is happy with the situation.

"Fabio hasn't taken this omission well.

"It's true that he has received a lot from Juve but he also given a lot for this club, including a knee (referring to a cruciate ligament injury in 2011).

"Could this be a punishment for not accepting to transfer in the winter transfer market? I would be saddened if that was the case.

"Back in September we had an offer to leave Juve but the coach did not give his approval while in January, the club were keen to see Fabio leave on loan but he preferred to stay, convinced that he could still give something to this club."

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14,320
    It's pointless to argue about stuff we barely know anything about. However if we follow press statement club has done nothing wrong. As for Gio, he didn't declare he's leaving in the summer, nor our staff said he should be sold. It was always either Mirko or Quag to be sold. Mirko was almost a done deal for Inter but once that fell apart he said he wants to stay and fight for a spot here. I don't know why is Gio being mentioned, totally different situation.

"Back in September we had an offer to leave Juve but the coach did not give his approval while in January, the club were keen to see Fabio leave on loan but he preferred to stay, convinced that he could still give something to this club."
    Once again we see what we discussed about -- club was willing to let him go under any circumstances -- it was not just that Juventus asked for 7-8mln which collapsed the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)