Fabio Quagliarella (16 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont have a problem with him in previous games attitude wise (except the two times he has mouthed off when being subbed), but today, you can say its because he is so hungry for more, but he was BITCHING at every attack he didnt get the ball, and he was doing it to everyone, it was bit over the top, and not just the typical of riled up competetive player who wants it too much.
I think it was anxiety to win the Coach's confidence back, if he has not played in a month. He was close to displacing Gio as a starter last month and he knows he fucked up. This team is a competitive one, and I think guys like Licht and Quag are right to have the aggression they have. Conte was like this as a player. Its not arrogance at all IMO. It's belief in your ability. I agree he shouldn't overdo it, but this match is an exception more than the rule, and under the circumstances, we should cut him some slack. That said, he had a very good game.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
If he was a douchebag, he would've celebrated his Juve-goals against Udinese, Sampdoria and Nipples Soccer Town. Instead, he didn't.

Maybe, he's from a shitty place in Italy where they all are aggressive?
Nope :heart:

I think it was anxiety to win the Coach's confidence back, if he has not played in a month. He was close to displacing Gio as a starter last month and he knows he fucked up. This team is a competitive one, and I think guys like Licht and Quag are right to have the aggression they have. Conte was like this as a player. Its not arrogance at all IMO. It's belief in your ability. I agree he shouldn't overdo it, but this match is an exception more than the rule, and under the circumstances, we should cut him some slack. That said, he had a very good game.
I think he desperately wanted a goal today to show he is back. We'll see if he continues the attitude, but right now, it's not a concern. If he starts acting out and not putting in the effort, then I'll start to have a go.

That control, turn and shot at the end of the game was sex. Shame it was saved.

Nov 17, 2012
He'll always struggle to get a starting spot because he's not a CF nor a SS. Just a talented player but hard to fit into a formation.
Del 4-4-2 Neri would disagree... :p

Even though it seems Quag (this season at least), has adopted well into Conte's 3-5-2. I think it is evident that both he and Matri did better in our 4-4-2 days, some strikers thrive having wide players overlap on their flanks. Not to say Asah/Licht/Caceres/PDC/Giak don't, but in a 4-4-2 the wide players are obviously more offence orientated, more dedicated to attack, when compared to wing backs in a 3-5-2 that literally have to sprint up and down the touchline all by themselves.. Seemingly Quag, but more-so Matri, thrived in this kind of a setup, or even Conte's Siena-esque 4-2-4 which we used at the start of last season, same thing; still, it seems Quagliarella has managed to adapt quite well into the Juve 3-5-2 system this year (coinciding with his full recovery), whilst Matri certainly has not.

In any case, as a Quag fan I was super happy to see Q-tube come on, I'm hoping Conte doesn't have too big a beef with him. Had he not come on in this game I would have become a lot more fearful of his position here at Juve, for now he just needs to keep his head down, his mouth shut, work hard, and get results; with Bendtner down and out for a while, hopefully Conte focuses mainly on Vuc/Gio/Quag... I really have enjoyed having Matri in the team, and held out hope for him for a long time, but I sadly think the end of the road is approaching for him here.. Sad as it is, at the tail end of 10/11 and the first half of 11/12 he showed some impressive finishing, positioning and was scoring quite freely. Just a shame we never got to see an in form Matri playing along side an on fire Q-tube... Would have been a sight to behold, but I guess, that's football.. :/

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He'll always struggle to get a starting spot because he's not a CF nor a SS. Just a talented player but hard to fit into a formation.
To be the top scoring forward in the team with less minutes than the regular starters, in a formation that doesn't even suit him in an optimal sense, warrants a starting role at some point. He showed good form today, and despite not having played a game in almost 25 days didn't act like a shadow and go unnoticed. He assumed responsibility, put himself out there and looked very hungry for a goal. Shows two things. Talent and ambition. Both those qualities belong at Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he desperately wanted a goal today to show he is back. We'll see if he continues the attitude, but right now, it's not a concern. If he starts acting out and not putting in the effort, then I'll start to have a go.

What a goal that would've been. Did everything right, including having it on target. Had it gone in, even AdP would've been proud. :D

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Does he still deserve a starting spot now with Gio hitting form?

Discuss.
The link up play that worked very well today between Vuci and Gio would suggest no. But I believe it worked today due to Atalanta playing an open game and allowing space between the midfield line and the back line. In tighter games with less space as we've discussed on here before, Quag should be the man to start.

Next week I'm sure it'll be Vuci - Gio again.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yes. Because Vucinic can do what Gio can, but Gio needs too many chances to score. Quag's more clinical.

- - - Updated - - -

That role suits Gio more actually. :D
Well, Giovinco is so skilful that he actually gets to those chances in the first place. Usually he's a huge part of the chance he actually ends up missing.

Gio offers so much more than goalscoring which Quag for example doesn't, and to be honest, Quag ain't no poacher so its not like we're missing out on Trezeguet finishing ability.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well, Giovinco is so skilful that he actually gets to those chances in the first place. Usually he's a huge part of the chance he actually ends up missing.

Gio offers so much more than goalscoring which Quag for example doesn't, and to be honest, Quag ain't no poacher so its not like we're missing out on Trezeguet finishing ability.
Let's not overhype Gio. He has done quite well past matches and is in a good form, but you are talking about him like he is a WC ireplacable player.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005

You are biased... If Quag had the same amount of time as the field as Gio We would win by a goal more ever game.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Let's not overhype Gio. He has done quite well past matches and is in a good form, but you are talking about him like he is a WC ireplacable player.
You're missing the point, I'm just talking about what he can offer and what's in his repertoire.

- - - Updated - - -

You are biased... If Quag had the same amount of time as the field as Gio We would win by a goal more ever game.
Quag doesn't have the same amount of playing time because Conte doesn't think he deserves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)