• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Friday 7 January, 2011
Quagliarella's season is over

Juventus are reeling after scans revealed that Fabio Quagliarella would be out for the rest of the season.

The Italy international striker had to come off after just three minutes against Parma yesterday when his foot appeared to get stuck in the turf and severely twist his knee.

Quagliarella was evidently in agony and had to be stretchered off, leading Juventus' medical staff to fear the worst.

The 27-year-old underwent and MRI at the Fornaca clinic in Turin this morning and it emerged that he has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Quagliarella is now expected to be out of action for between four and six months dealing a huge blow to Juventus' title challenge.

The Bianconeri are now expected to intervene on the January transfer market with talks for Luca Toni already at an advanced stage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as this sucks, buying him at the end of the season is absolutely not an option anymore. I mean, after all, this is one of the reasons we got him on loan...who knows how will he recover after this or much of his form he will get back. The only solution that would make some sense is to loan him again next year under the same circumstances.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As much as this sucks, buying him at the end of the season is absolutely not an option anymore. I mean, after all, this is one of the reasons we got him on loan...who knows how will he recover after this or much of his form he will get back. The only solution that would make some sense is to loan him again next year under the same circumstances.
I disagree. He'll definitely recover. He's a very athletic type of player and ACL injuries are easily treated nowadays. Look at Di Natale. He was about the same age and made an easy recovery. Quag will be back next season. It's not 1998 anymore when Alex's career could have been over and it took him years to trust his knee.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
To loan him again and pay another 4.5 millions for loan to Napoli would be really really dumb. Either sign him or forget about him (I'm kinda hoping for the first scenario).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I disagree. He'll definitely recover. He's a very athletic type of player and ACL injuries are easily treated nowadays. Look at Di Natale. He was about the same age and made an easy recovery. Quag will be back next season. It's not 1998 anymore when Alex's career could have been over and it took him years to trust his knee.
Sure he'll recover physically, but his form will be under a huge question mark. No matter how fast the recovery is or is not, he'll be out of the game for months and that will leave an impact.

Either a discount on the agreed price or another loan. The conditions are no longer the same.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sure he'll recover physically, but his form will be under a huge question mark. No matter how fast the recovery is or is not, he'll be out of the game for months and that will leave an impact.

Either a discount on the agreed price or another loan. The conditions are no longer the same.
That they are not. And we will get a discount. He can't go back to Napoli, the fans wouldn't have it. And it is a long term injury anyway. We'll get him at a fair price, no doubt about it really.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The problem is we had Quagliarella and Krasic. That was it. It was never truly a good idea, but I somehow thought it was going to work out.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
About Quags' injury, I think Marotta has kept an eye on his career long enough to know he's worthy of being signed up. Of course, the negotiation is going to be different in the current scenario, and Napoli have as limited options on this deal as we do.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
To loan him again and pay another 4.5 millions for loan to Napoli would be really really dumb. Either sign him or forget about him (I'm kinda hoping for the first scenario).
It's relative though, he would have a year less on his contract so obviously his value would be less than the €10.5m buyout before.

Three year contract.

1 year - €4.5m loan
2 year - €10.5m purchase

Or

1 year - €4.5m loan
2 year - €4.5m loan
3 year - €4m purchase?

Either way, he might never be the same player again.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There goes our season really. We can never replace Quagliarella with a player who is as good now. The only thing we can hope for is a miracle in the form of Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)